• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Small diameter oil pressure sending unit?

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are there any smaller diameter oil pressure sending units that work with the stock cluster oil gauge?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I use a ps-17 sender. It's the same diameter but goes directly to the block without the extension. I think it takes a 21mm socket to install it.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
PS17 is a switch (on-off for a light); not a sender (for a gauge).
Just checked my shelf. The ps-17 says switch on the box but they work with the stock gauge. The owner of one of the better ap stores out here turned me ont to em way back when I put the 351w in the 66. When I put a new 351 in about 10 years ago I went back to get another his computer said they were discontinued. I took the part number home and snatched up a handful of em off the internet. I run em on both broncos instead of the leaky extension tubes.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Interesting. And they read consistently, with the pressure moving up and down as the engine warms up and you drive around? Not just staying at one reading all the time?

Paul

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Interesting. And they read consistently, with the pressure moving up and down as the engine warms up and you drive around? Not just staying at one reading all the time?

Paul
Yes. If you get the similar one made for the idiot light it just pegs the gauge full. Last time we did a motor I went to oriellys and asked for one and it pegged the gauge. I went back to the good store and that's when he found em to be discontinued. I was able to find some on ebay or something. If you google ps-17 oil sender they still come up.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I just googled again. Looks like somebody makes a bigger brass looking one with the same part number. Make sure it's the "standard" brand in the little red and white box.

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great info. I ended up offsetting the factory sending unit to clear the explorer front dress