• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Smooth bedliner

chuck1022

Contributor
I want to do a bedliner in my bronco....but smooth, not rough....anyone have any experience with a specific brand.......

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
The texture is mostly determined by the pressure it is applied. I like to shoot at about 90 psi and do several light coats moving quickly as I apply. It comes out textured but not rough.

Joe473

I want to do a bedliner in my bronco....but smooth, not rough....anyone have any experience with a specific brand.......
Check out SEM rock it liner. It's a harder liner and like below if you play with pressures and gun distance you can get it pretty smooth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you going for smooth more for the look Chuck? Or because you don't generally like the feel of textured?

Either way, interested to hear what others have done.

Paul

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
Are you going for smooth more for the look Chuck? Or because you don't generally like the feel of textured?

Either way, interested to hear what others have done.

Paul

Smooth so dynamat sticks to it

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Smooth so dynamat sticks to it

Why do you want bedliner under dynamat? Either way if you use a heat gun the dynamat will stick to the bedliner. But again, not sure why you want bedliner UNDER dynamat. It would really serve no purpose. Just paint and use dynamat?

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Durabak has a smooth bedliner that comes out really nice , regardless of spray pressure . There are also a ton of colors plus uv protection .

Nothing Special

Seems like most bedliners have bits of ground up something (often rubber?) in them to provide texture. I can see the way it's applied having something to do with how much texture you end up with, but in general it seems like you'll get quite a bit of texture no matter how it's applied.

As stevew said, Durabak is one that offers bedliner with or without the ground up bits. I haven't tried the smooth stuff (I used textured Durabak in my Bronco), but that's the route I'd go if I wanted smooth bedliner.

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
Why do you want bedliner under dynamat? Either way if you use a heat gun the dynamat will stick to the bedliner. But again, not sure why you want bedliner UNDER dynamat. It would really serve no purpose. Just paint and use dynamat?

I thought it would be a good idea?.......

I do not have well thought plans, i am more of an idea guy