• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Snow Gallop 2 West Branch Michigan February 13th-15th

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Well it is that time of the year I schedule the weekend of wheeling in the snow in West Branch. It looks like the weekend of February 13th-15th will be best this year. Just wanted to say if anyone would like to join us for a fun weekend of playing in the snow everyone is invited. We will do a night run on Friday and a day run on Saturday. Here is the link from last year with some pics and information http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234439&highlight=west+branch . Hopefully we will have another great weekend of snow and fun.

2y9a7a8y.jpg

I will post up some more information soon. I will also see if we can get a discount on rooms for the weekend.

Hank

Last edited:

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes! It was lots of fun last year & you can bet I'll do what I can to make it again this year. Thanks Hank for picking a date!

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Dave you are our Michigan film crew, producer, editor and director. You have to be there.:)

Hank

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I will be there again this year but I will make sure I have the whole weekend off so I can be there for all of it!

Glad you can make it JD. I spoke with Pete who let the Friday night run and he said he will be there and be happy to lead the night run on Friday again. I also got word from Don who led the Saturday run and he will be there too. I hope we have sweet snow like we did last year. I will post hotels and who is giving us discounts next week. I know I am looking forward to G's Pizza too. And I will be bringing an extra set of hubs.;D:cool:

Hank

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I just wanted to share a couple things. I got room discounts at the Super 8 in West Branch. If you call 989-345-8488 and use the code BRONCO they will give you a room with two queen beds for $74.99 per night. This must be reserved by February 1st to get the reduced rate. The other hotel is the Quality Inn. I don't have a reduced rate there but the phone number there is 989-345-3503. Hope others can make it up. Should be a good time.

c2l.jpg

Hank

Unknown

Contributor
We're planning to make the trip up again this year Hank. I've got a short list of odds and ends to get done on our rig prior to the trip but we should be good to go. Looking forward!

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
We're planning to make the trip up again this year Hank. I've got a short list of odds and ends to get done on our rig prior to the trip but we should be good to go. Looking forward!

That's great to hear Randy. Looking forward to seeing everyone for some fun in the snow. See you there.

Hank

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
They are finally getting some snow in West Branch. Just a month away. Get your rooms reserved. I'm heading to Grayling this weekend for some wheeling. Looking forward to next month and seeing everyone.

Hank

Unknown

Contributor
Bumping this to the top - who's planning to make it up to West Branch?

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I just got back from Grayling where we wheeled with the group from "What Lies Beyond" 4x4 club. We did a night run on Friday and a day run on Saturday. I think next year we will head up there for the run. Tons of trails and lots of opportunity for people to run lead and break trail for others if they want. Plenty of hills to play on. Here is a link with some pictures people took http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=319114 . I rode with a friend in his 2006 rubicon and we had a great time. I am really looking forward to West Branch next month. I just have to finish a couple things on the bronco and I will be ready to go.

Hank

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Room booked for us, looking forward to playing in the snow

Glad to see you will be coming up Tom. I would like to do a night run leaving at 8:00 on Friday night. This can take between 2 and 3 hours to run depending on the snow. On Saturday we will head out at 10:00 in the morning. I will be bringing the grill and hotdogs for anyone who would like that for lunch. We will stop in the woods for lunch and then continue wheeling until around 6:00. Then we will head to G's Pizza to hang out and have dinner. That weekend can not get here soon enough for me. I am installing a new tilt steering column and I just installed new metra door seals but my damn doors still are not close to closing so I need to fix that too. Here is who I believe will be there. I will update if I anyone else has interest.

Hank
blue Bastard
Bajabrewer
rmiller747
jdmustang82
unknown
TheBroncoRanch
Pete will be there to lead the night run like last year in his cherokee.
Don will be there for the Saturday run like last year in his rubicon.

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Hank in addition to (Al) my bud at work I have another jeep guy coming with his family too. Maybe 1 more too. So 2 extras for sure maybe 3.

Can't wait

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Sounds good Rich. We will have a great turnout. I am heading up earlier on Thursday due to my wife's work schedule. I hope they get a few more inches of snow but definitely looking forward to the weekend.

Hank

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like my plan is to come up Saturday morning with my son & we'll be looking for a couple open seats. I also think I have a Bronco friend talked into coming(Sat also) so it should be a good crowd & a great time!