• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

So, went to install my Body Lift and...

silverfox

Loc.
Mocksville N.C.
LOL, that happened to me on my body lift quest. Only I hadn't been around on the forum enough to search and get good advise from folks on here. All I had was some of those ziz wheel thingy's and a dremel tool. I nailed it on my passenger side with accurate measurements and clean cut but the drivers side is a different story. After frying all my little cutting wheels and losing my temper I grabbed the ol'e drill and several bits latter it looked like a beaver on steroids had attacked it. Some new floor mats and she's good as gold for the time being... I'd try the hole saw :)

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Hey words of wisdom ..before you buy the hole saw or for sure before you cut the hole ...go see if you can find some of the plugs ...Usually chrome ...the one's we used to put on antena holes or CB holes .... Then you can cut a hole push a plug in it cover it up but when you needback into it for your NP435 swap ..and you next 38 inch tires ..and your 5 speed ..your 24 gallon tank...and your back to stock look ...you can get back into it again ...If you can't find the chrome plugs you could use the rubber push in one for valve covers if their being covered w/ carpet..

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
No not yet - I dont have the right size hole saw. The ol lady is traveling next week so I'll have more time to work on it next week.