• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOB X Trail Run - Info. & Sign Up

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I've been waiting for the official SOB X Itinerary to post this over here but I spoke with Thom last week to confirm the trail run details. Basically I just wanted to let everyone (Who plans to be at SOB) know that they need to sign up for the Friday trail run at SOB X if they plan to go on it. This is necessary since the trail run participation has grown over the last couple of years and therefore I need to know how many rigs and trail leaders to plan for. (Last year we had three groups with a total of 28 rigs) This year we are doing a couple of things differently than the previous years. First is that we are only going to plan a Friday run. (There just isn't enough time for a Saturday run to get back for the group photo in time) The second thing is that we will be taking one or two groups to more difficult trails that we avoided in the past due to the high probability of trail carnage. (In the past we wanted to be sure we could run the Saturday run if we had enough interest)
At any rate please see the details for this run if you are interested in participating here:

Last edited:

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Sweet, I missed last year and since you're hittin the fun stuff I think I'll have to get my rig going on the double. Should be a good run to test out the new D60's, new 5.5" Cage lift and extended wheel base. The cool part is I raised the gears to 5:13 so I can leave the trailer at camp and run on the road.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I signed up over there looking for a shotgun spot, if anyone from here is headed over and has an exta seat let me know, I'd love to join you. I'm up for whatever.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
68 Broncoholic said:
Sweet, I missed last year and since you're hittin the fun stuff I think I'll have to get my rig going on the double. Should be a good run to test out the new D60's, new 5.5" Cage lift and extended wheel base. The cool part is I raised the gears to 5:13 so I can leave the trailer at camp and run on the road.
FWIW, several of us will trailer ours up. Last year there were about 9 rigs trailered if I remember right. Somewhere here there's a pic of them lined up on the street in Tillamook.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
ORVP said:
Count me in tested and its a beast. I will lead if you need!
I need somone to help with a Moderate group. Stuff like Can Opener, Going down Rocky Uphill, and Waterfall. There will be some rigs with Dana 30's and open carriers so anything more difficult will need bypasses to go around. Will that work? If so I'll put you on the list of leaders.

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
Looks like Dave & I are going up on Saturday for another recon mission. North side should be open during SOB, but I want to see where the logging operations are. If you aren't from Western Or. this might be a good trailrun to take since I'm planning to go up & over Triangulation Point. Literally a ridge trail with a view to the ocean. I'll report when I get back if its a go up there.

crab

Bronco Guru
a few of us from the coast are planning on heading up there on Saterday as well. A buddy of mine here in Pacific City is responsible for the logging up there. I'll try to get the scoop on what's open.

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
I was in your town Saturday evening. Is yours a dark blue with silver trim?? Beautiful truck. We could meet in Diamond Mill park. I plan to leave the Dodge there and head up D M road to Triangulation. North from there to a few trails and back down. Let me know if you are up to it.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
IronBenderII said:
I'm in!!!

Jack
I saw the post over there and have added you to the list.

Note: This year we will be playing on stuff somewhat like the pile you busted the output shaft on last year. (I think that's what broke) Here is a pic from that area:

Attachments

• Crushers26.jpg
    Crushers26.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 42

Triggerman

Loc.
Henderson TN
As the new editor of Bronco Driver I will be flying out to SOB this year to cover it!! Flying in on Thru night, be on site very late. A tent is being provided for me to sleep but since I will be in a rental Cobalt :mad: I desperately need a ride on the trails and/or dunes to get some good pics. Anyone who has an open seat please let me know.

Thanks
Adam Harris

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Triggerman said:
As the new editor of Bronco Driver I will be flying out to SOB this year to cover it!! Flying in on Thru night, be on site very late. A tent is being provided for me to sleep but since I will be in a rental Cobalt :mad: I desperately need a ride on the trails and/or dunes to get some good pics. Anyone who has an open seat please let me know.

Thanks
Adam Harris
Adam. I can put you in with me for the trail run.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Adam
Sounds like Rick has you covered for the trail run. I'll have room for out in the dunes if needed. Just let me know:cool:
Trevor

Triggerman said:

Thanks
Adam Harris

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
Rick, can I sign up for the easy run, but then if the rig does well on the way I may switch to the moderate run? I have driven around the block, but this week I am adding all final driveability issues (exhaust, etc...) Sign me up if you can. Thanks.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
swa0330 said:
Rick, can I sign up for the easy run, but then if the rig does well on the way I may switch to the moderate run? I have driven around the block, but this week I am adding all final driveability issues (exhaust, etc...) Sign me up if you can. Thanks.
I took easy off the list. There wasn't much interest in it and we were starting to run short on trail leaders. The moderate will be relativly easy though. Most of it will probably be 2WD stuff. Or at least stuff that is passable in 2WD. No winching necessary, chance of body damage low, etc. I'll be working with Dan the week before SOB on the trails for it when we do the prerun. (He will take the first moderate group, not sure on the second yet if it is needed) I'll go ahead and put you down for moderate and then you can call me if it looks like it will be a problem. Dan has the least trail experience but has a fairly good head on his shoulders so he will stay away from anything that is too difficult.

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
Triggerman said:

Thanks
Adam Harris

Colbalt is Chevy- Correct? They couldn't even rent you a FORD! Man, your gonna need some therapy;) We will have an open seat if TJK74 doesn't. That is if we have a running motor. ;D Leaving on the 18th towing the Bronco running or not:-[ Now I'm getting worried.....

Jess