• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The SOB 12 trail run is ON

OP
OP
Tom Dummer

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
Frustrating. Right now its ALL closed. The forecast is for rain wednesday & thursday, MAYBE we'll get lucky and it will re-open.

OP
OP
Tom Dummer

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
Hoppy, I just checked. Fires will not be allowed outside of Forest Service fire pits. NONE on the treeline, a couple in the parking lot areas, and the pits in the campgrounds. I'm going out now to fill the truck with firewood. Campsite 37 is going to be cookin all week.

OP
OP
Tom Dummer

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
I also checked with ODF. The ban on trail riding MIGHT be lifted depending on how much rain we get Tuesday & Wednesday. I'll be out on the sand Monday morning, but I'm going to keep in touch with them to see if we can do the run by Friday. There will be a post here as soon as I find out. If you are out on the sand by then, stop by my campsite (#37) to see if we are on.

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
Looks like I will be heading to the sand sometime Thursday
Work and Job#2 needs me a few days
Thanks for all the info Tom

OP
OP
Tom Dummer

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
WOO HOOO The trail run is back ON!!!!! And the rain is still in the forcast for Monday thru Thursday.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help in mitigating fire danger over the last weekend during the Industrial Precaution Level 3 closure period by observing the trail closure and keeping OHV activity to the maintained gravel roads in the OHV recreation areas. It was a busy weekend for the TSF Fire Crews as state forest and state protected lands experienced high temperatures, low humidity, and some pretty spectacular lightening activity. However, the weather is breaking and that allows us to re-instate the OHV Trail Use Waiver. (Campfires remain restricted to developed campgrounds and signed designated dispersed campsites with ODF installed metal fire grates.)

Effective, Monday August 18th at 01:00 AM the Industrial Precaution Level will drop back down to a Level 2 allowing the OHV Trails in the Tillamook State Forest and the BLM managed Nestucca riding areas to re-OPEN to public use.

Thanks again for your help and patience!

Stephanie A. Beall