• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Soft Top Color - Need opinions!

dmplatt

I'm looking for some opinions - I've noticed there are lots of them around here!! I'm ordering up a BC soft top and I'm trying to decide on color. Red exterior, parchment interior - with no plans to change. So here are the options: Black, Sunset Red, Charcoal, Hemp Beige.

Any thoughts? The red matches surprisingly well and I do like the solid color look even if my kid says it looks like a fire truck. I'm not in love with the black. The parchment makes it tricky to go grey or tan...

What do you guys think? Ask your wives too!

dmp

10817779_523572287745113_1774153830_n.jpg

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love the classic colors of your Bronco now so even though you don't have it listed as one of your choices...I think Arctic White would look best and closest to stock. Wish they had a off-white "Wimbledon" but I didn't see one, then it' be more exact

Blue71

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
What he said Plus One

That red and white color scheme of the body and hard top is classic.
BC Broncos sells those soft tops in white.

Why do you want to choose some second best combination?

If you absolutely must have a different color then red is the only match.

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
BCB discourages white on their site. Too hard to keep clean. Spice or beige has my vote. There's a few pics on here somewhere of a red with spice rampage that would give you a feel for the top color combo.

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
From BCB: Due to the care of white fabric we do not recomend a white top, therefore we will not return, exchange or credit any purchase of a white top for any reason.

Might sway your decision....

bmcqueen

Loc.
Corinth, MS
I had the same dilemma w my choice of BC top color over my dark ivy metallic. I chose 1 color darker than white (birch). I'm actually installing it today and I'll update w pics. I suggest ordering large samples of the top gun material on eBay to make your final decision.

Bradsp8

My '75 looks just like your '76 (see avatar) and it's a shame they don't offer an off white, parchment white or wimbleton white as the artic white appears to be too bright. But if it were me I'd still go with it as mine doesn't see much off road action and sits in the garage most of the time. The hemp looks acceptable but if you went without the sides and used the top only it would stand out against the interior. I would like to have a soft top so I don't have to remove/install the hardtop twice a year but I want the Rampage color and the BC quality. I think everyone who wants a white top has this dilemma. Post pics of what you finally decide to go with as I'm very interested in seeing the final result.

OP
OP
dmplatt

dmplatt

Yeah, I talked to Chuck and someone on the sales line whose name I can't remember but she was super helpful, and they both said white was not a great idea. I'm not opposed to a different look with this top so based on that I eliminated it.

The Rampage top is interesting only because of the price, but I don't think it looks near as good/finished as the BC top.

At the moment I'm leaning toward the red, the color is almost perfect. But if I decide I don't want the top at some point resale would be really hard...

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There are two reasons the BC style top is not for me...cost is the first, and second....I like my Broncos with the tops all the way down as a convertible. I felt like ford made the top removable for a reason and that's how most of our summers are spent(topless). The BC top doesn't allow that for convertible factor. They may be better fit and finish , but they should be for double the cost. I know...the windows roll up, but it like the option of having a top up, rolling up/removing the side and rear windows, and going 100% in the buff:) So if you plan to ride with the top all the way off...then BC is most likely not the route. If u like the frame and top still there then the BC top might be the one. Now...color..whew you have probably my favorite two colors red and white...id still go white if you garage it. If it's outside... Whatever lighter color u get (beige)...etc is still gonna show dirt. Now red might not show, but I'm having a hard time getting the red on red image in my head. Not that it won't look good but I haven't seen it yet. Anyway...I had to pop back in just to look at your red and white beauty. If ya go BC and don't go white....I say Birch. Good luck

blue71

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmplatt

dmplatt

Thanks for the note @blue71 - one of the things I like most about the BC is the always on top!! Out here in UT it is way too hot to have the sun hitting you (and the kid) on the head, I'm pretty sure I'd never go totally nude...

That Indian Birch is pretty nice, I'm curious to hear more about what @bmcqueen thinks once he gets it on there. It is a decent match for the parchment.

Oh, and I've been staring at this pic to decide if I really like the red/red idea. It's different for sure, but I do like it!
Red%20on%20Red.png

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
dmplatt - You have a great looking Bronco, I don't think any Soft Top will look as good as the original top.

I have the Diamond Black Rampage on my 77. The Rampage top looks great and is of good quality, easily goes up and down, has minimal "Flapping" noise when up and at speed.

I have a Diamond White Rampage Soft Top of the same quality that will go on my 76 when complete, however it is very easy to get dirty.

The Red/Red option would look good too and be similar to a Special Decor look.

bmcqueen

Loc.
Corinth, MS
There are two reasons the BC style top is not for me...cost is the first, and second....I like my Broncos with the tops all the way down as a convertible. I felt like ford made the top removable for a reason and that's how most of our summers are spent(topless). The BC top doesn't allow that for convertible factor. They may be better fit and finish , but they should be for double the cost. I know...the windows roll up, but it like the option of having a top up, rolling up/removing the side and rear windows, and going 100% in the buff:) So if you plan to ride with the top all the way off...then BC is most likely not the route. If u like the frame and top still there then the BC top might be the one. Now...color..whew you have probably my favorite two colors red and white...id still go white if you garage it. If it's outside... Whatever lighter color u get (beige)...etc is still gonna show dirt. Now red might not show, but I'm having a hard time getting the red on red image in my head. Not that it won't look good but I haven't seen it yet. Anyway...I had to pop back in just to look at your red and white beauty. If ya go BC and don't go white....I say Birch. Good luck

blue71

The BC side and back windows snap off...the previously sold canback top required rolling up windows (I had one on my last bronco. With the minimal rigid frame on the bc, you can easily run the frame only snapping all canvas off in minutes. I personally love the bc skeleton look. I installed my bc today and I'll post pics tomorrow. I didnt get any pics after the install.

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
I would buy a spice Rampage top and call it a day (or white) Not a fan of BC Broncos tops.

bmcqueen

Loc.
Corinth, MS
BC top installed this weekend. Birch color (one up from white). The install was straight forward. The cool weather made for some muscle to stretch the fabric but I rigged a tool to help. I cut a half circle (size of snap) out of the end of a narrow putty knife. It was much easier with this to stretch the fabric "pushing" the snap to engage rather than pulling with fingers. Only driveway poser pics on a cloudy day.

Attachments

• IMG_5300.jpg
    IMG_5300.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5297.jpg
    IMG_5297.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5301.jpg
    IMG_5301.jpg