• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

softtop best one for folding down

daninghram

what should I buy for a good top that I can fold down easy and neatly?

thanks
dan

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
There's a few post on this subject if you search around. The WildHorses speedy trac seems to be popular, made by Rampage. BesTop for $200 more is also getting good press. I just bought a Rampage and will finish installing this weekend and will know for sure. Good luck!

Last edited:

Bituman

Loc.
Phoenix Mtn Preserve
bestop is a nice top but you have to take it off and then fold it up

True that. I hear that some people get fairly proficient at putting Bestop on and off. I just put one on my EB about 2 months ago and can't imagine it will ever be all that quick and easy. It is a good top, just not optimum for putting up and down in my opinion.

Bob

berg bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
franklin NC
True that. I hear that some people get fairly proficient at putting Bestop on and off. I just put one on my EB about 2 months ago and can't imagine it will ever be all that quick and easy. It is a good top, just not optimum for putting up and down in my opinion.

Bob

ya its not super easy it takes 10 min. for me or 7 min. in a down pour

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I installed my besttop about 3 weeks ago. I haven't let it down since I put it on. I've just been ridin around with all the windows out of it. It is nice ridin around in the shade. Still have a lot of air flowin around almost exactly like when the top is off. Right now in southeast AL it is TOO hot to ride without the top up and windows out.

I looked at the best top and the rampage. I liked the quality of material the top and hardware was made of on the besttop. The bows/risers seemed to be nicer quality on the besttop and powder coated. Just my .02 cents...... hope this helps

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
They're all good. I have a Bestop Supertop and a Kayline Fastrac soft top. I can't say any comments on the Rampage but I hear that it is similiar to the Kayline. They both take about the same amount of time to take down. No race to do it just take your time and fold it nicely. Even in the passing rain I'll just drive to gas station to put it back up.

jwh

I have the Bestop. At first I thought it would be a pain to put up and down because of the top to windshield riser design (the front edge of the top has to slide through the riser from the side) All I do is lean the back bow forward, haul the excess top towards the front of the truck (over the windshield) and this gives plenty of slack to slide the front edge of the top out of the riser. Then I just lay the back bow down flat with the top still attached, fold the rest of the top down behind the seat, and I'm ready to go. Probably takes less then 5 minutes to get it down.