• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Southern Off Road Adventure Raiiy

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
If I can get my tranny fixed by then.......
Started puking fluid playing in Ocala last weekend. Still shifting but it took 4 quarts of fluid to get from Monte verde to Ocoee. Since you're a local you know that ain't very far.....front seal is spewing fluid and I just replaced it a few months ago....at least I think it's the front seal....sigh.....

OP
OP
truck174ff

truck174ff

Loc.
st. cloud fl
im gonna try to run in it but if not, it would be cool to show some EBs there since this is the same place they show Jeepotberfest

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I could go. Not sure about the fun level?

OP
OP
truck174ff

truck174ff

Loc.
st. cloud fl
about ready for some fun, just rebuilt the turbo exhaust housing and new gears. i will be loaded up soon. i hope to see some familiar faces! this is jeeptobterfest for the Fall we need some EB's for the Spring. lots of vendors and cool trails that you can ride or watch

bax

Contributor
Old Member
should I bring a pretty truck or a trail truck?

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
Trail Rig for sure. I'll be there and they have some pretty cool stuff going on. I went out a couple of times last month while they where working on the course and the extreme section is going to be pretty fun. There moderate course will definatley require Lockers and 35" tires and is 1.8 miles long. If we get more rain before that weekend it will really make some parts very difficult.

thirdtime

Contributor
Just saw this thread. I just finished a 351/ explorer serp install, locker in the front and new tires. Going to run it around town for a few days and if everything shakes out, I'm in! I would love to test everything. Butch, I know you have run the courses, any advice?

ohpoo2

Contributor
Should be able to make it sat morning. what time you all getting there?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I hope there is room for trailers.

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
Lots of room for trailers. I haven't ran the trails since the last Oct. They have made a lot of improvements and added another 1/2 mile to the moderate course. I do know they just pushed all the sand hills back up to make them steeper as well as using concrete on 2 of them to make them very verticle. The course is holding water in some of the turns which makes it pretty interesting after a few trucks have ran. I was out a few weeks ago with a friend in his full size to make sure it fit everywhere.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Im bringing the buggy with only 34'' tires No money to get the 38's yet.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
So sat morning, Time? spot to meet?

thirdtime

Contributor
The place opens at 9:00 according to the flyer so I'm planning on being there by then. Not sure If I will trailer it or just drive over. For those coming from the Orlando area, there is a Cracker Barrel right off 484 and I-75.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I can't download the " course Requirements" Just curious about what it says.

thirdtime

Contributor
Here's the requirements.

SOUTHERN OFF-ROAD ADVENTURE RALLY
Course Requirements
All vehicles will be operated in a safe manner. No speeding or reckless driving will be tolerated. Absolutely no alcohol or persons driving impaired.
Saturday: the courses open at 9 AM, close at 4 PM. All patrons must vacate the Market of Marion property by 5 PM unless you have purchased the camping option.
Sunday: the courses open at 11:00 and close at 3 PM. All patrons must vacate the property by 5 PM.
D.O.T. Approved tires required on all courses
Stock (Easy course one and one half mile long marked in yellow tape)
• Must be a licensed driver
• Seatbelts required
• Wristbands required on all people in vehicle
• Passengers can be of any age
Modified (32 inch minimum tire, course marked in blue tape, one locker required; winch highly recommended)
• Licensed driver must be 18 years or older
• Passengers under 18 may ride with a parent but must be older than 12
• Seatbelts required
Extreme (35 inch or larger tires required, with front and rear lockers; winch is highly recommended)
• Licensed driver and passengers must be 18 years or older
• Seat belts required