• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spare repair gear while 4x4

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
I just thought I would see what other people brought when out in the field? What tools besides wrenches and screw divers do you bring? How about spare parts?

Thanks
Martin

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Definitely some bailing wire!!! actually it is really handy. I am working on my trail kit now too.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Duct Tape - holds parts together
Zip Ties - reenforces Duct tape.
Bailing wire, reenforces Zip ties
Welding rod - gives up and glues parts together.
Beer- Buys what parts and labor you need.

All kidding aside, I carry to much stuff.
Once you brake a part, buy 2.
Watch what friends brake, and look into carry one of those. Next time you are working on your rig, work out of your trail tools only, that will show you what you need.

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
anything you have replace don your truck without needing to replace it, like i replaced my starter solinoied but i kept the old one in the tool box

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you still have a rag joint in your steering carry one of those, a spare rear transfer case output shaft is also a handy thing to have.

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
As far as spare parts goes this is what I carry:
-spare electric fuel pump
-spare soliniod
-ps pump rebuild kit
-u joints
-spare fuel pressure reg.
-misc bolts

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Ujoints
old radiator hoses
old belts
New/old T stat
wire
elctrical wire
electrical tape
New ignition module
old coil
Tire repair kit (I found out I didnt have one at the AZ stampede last weekend could have help a fellow bronco owner out)
small compressor.
Spare dist cap/rotor
probably have a few more items that I havent looked at in years but really I just carry real basic stuff as I dont wheel as hard as some people and I'm pretty confident in my assesment of the parts that are currently in use. I inspect my bronco a lot.

Potshot

I bring a spare battery in addition to what I've seen here.

Assuming that you run one of those circular air cleaners, another use for tape (HVAC tape that is) is to cover the front of your air intake so water doesn't get sucked in when you hit a puddle. That one's courtesy of the Holopaw gang. ;) (thanks guys)

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ill let you know when i go to river rock next month...first wheeling trip...will probably fil a decent bit of the toolbox.

joe

Bronco Guru
1 of everything, man i need a bigger trailer. ;D

Jfly13

Loc.
Lockwood, Mo.
Luckily tool wise you can take just a few size wrenches and fix about anything on the bronco. In addition to many of the things that have already been said I aslo carry a small fold up tree saw. It has saved us several times. Last time we wheeled we had a very built, and expensive, jeep get stuck on a large tree root. Instead of winching him off and probably putting a hole in his oil pan and transmission pan, we were able to cut through the root. It took a little sweat, but well worth it. Doesn't take up much space either. I also carry a small roll of wire incase you have a fuse or something burn up that you have to rewire.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
dont forget an electrical box...wiring problems can get ya down. everything for complete removal of the front axles shafts!!!atleast 1 or 2 quarts of each and every fluid you run in your truck.open end wrenches...if ya can up to 1 1/8",BFH,punches,cotter pins, complete 1/2" drive set.Chuck

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Here's my checklists. Accumulated from years of mistakes, and long nights brainstorming with buddies over a cold drink and a cigar that we put this together.

Any of you are welcome to use them. If you have anything to add, let me know. The idea is for them to be open source for anyone to use. "Learn from my mistakes";D

Attachments

• Bolt Torque.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Stuff to Bring.pdf
    41.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Tow Rig Tech Checklist.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Trail Rig Tech Checklist.pdf
    9.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Trailer Tech Checklist.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 14