• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Speaker Options for My EB

rbwamsley

I have Wetsounds tower speakers in my boat. Every speaker I have heard that they built sounds sweet. They are pricey, but great quality. I didn't know they offered that unit. Very cool.

This!!! I don't want to worry about being able to turn it up to loud enough so I can hear it on the freeway with the top down. I'll pay the price to know that I can without worrying about blowing the speakers. Plus you cant beat it being all it one.

Gatesboy

Loc.
Remsen
I bought a killer set of speakers for my Bronco. little did I realize that I would have to choose between Windows going down Or speakers. I think I may be investing in one of these bars as well

rbwamsley

X2...can't see anywhere on the specs any info on the battery itself???

It's not battery powered... It's hard wired.

Search youtube for "wetsounds stealth 10" there are a few review videos out there. This thing is loud and clear.

clinem03

Reviving a super old thread :) Has anyone else gone the route of adding a sound bar? Are you happy with the decision? My goal is keeping my 76 mostly original, so I plan to replace the beat up original radio with an OE type retro sound radio (with the dial, not digital) and replacing the single speaker in the dash. I wont really use it, but it will be more for aesthetics. The thought is adding a large bluetooth sound bar would be best as it can be removed if I get sick of it, and it wont require cutting the doors, building boxes and IMO seems like a nice clean look inside the truck. Thoughts?

Skinnyr1

Reviving a super old thread :) Has anyone else gone the route of adding a sound bar? Are you happy with the decision? My goal is keeping my 76 mostly original, so I plan to replace the beat up original radio with an OE type retro sound radio (with the dial, not digital) and replacing the single speaker in the dash. I wont really use it, but it will be more for aesthetics. The thought is adding a large bluetooth sound bar would be best as it can be removed if I get sick of it, and it wont require cutting the doors, building boxes and IMO seems like a nice clean look inside the truck. Thoughts?

I put in a retrosound head unit, the dual coil single dash speaker in the OE spot, and a wetsounds amplified surge 10 sound bar. It isn't Bluetooth, it runs off the Bluetooth retrosound headunit and has a power wire and whatnot running through my roll cage. I also have two 8" subs in a tuffy style center console.

Sounds awesome, very happy with it. Crystal clear on the highway with no top. Kinda pricey all together when added up, but I wouldn't have done it any other way looking back on it. And other than the sound bar on the roll cage, looks stock.

Skinnyr1

One more thought though, is that without the subs, the sound bar and center dash speaker has pretty much no bass. A bazooka tube, subs like what I did, or a amplified sub under the seat somewhere is needed, imo.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

a couple folks on here have done the sound bar...

clinem03

One more thought though, is that without the subs, the sound bar and center dash speaker has pretty much no bass. A bazooka tube, subs like what I did, or a amplified sub under the seat somewhere is needed, imo.

Thanks Skinnyr1
Is there literally no bass? I was hoping there may be a bit of bass provided by the full range speakers. I'm not looking for a big stereo system, just a nice sounding one so I can listen to my tunes while on the road.

Do you have a picture of your set up? I was thinking of going with the Wet Sound 6 to reduce the footprint but would love to see your 10 installed if you can share. Thanks!

Skinnyr1

The wetsounds sounds bars have tons of power for crystal clear high volume, and they sound great, but the speakers are not big enough overall for bass. They provide very little bass. If you want bass, you will need a bazooka tube or something somewhere else. It depends on what your expectation is.

Ill try to grab a pic or two later today.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The wetsounds sounds bars have tons of power for crystal clear high volume, and they sound great, but the speakers are not big enough overall for bass. They provide very little bass. If you want bass, you will need a bazooka tube or something somewhere else. It depends on what your expectation is.

Ill try to grab a pic or two later today.

that's what I'd be leaning for is the bazooka :)