• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Speaker Options

carrottop596

I just put a new deck in my mostly stock 1971 Bronco. Now the only problem is i don't know where to put the speakers. I was thinking 2 speakers in front and 2 in back. For the ones in back i could put them under the seat or right behind the front seats next to the roll cage. Does anyone have any ideas for where to mount the front speakers?
Thanks

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
I just put a new deck in my mostly stock 1971 Bronco. Now the only problem is i don't know where to put the speakers. I was thinking 2 speakers in front and 2 in back. For the ones in back i could put them under the seat or right behind the front seats next to the roll cage. Does anyone have any ideas for where to mount the front speakers?
Thanks

i have mine mounted to the front corner of the roll bar. works great for me, puts them right up close to you so even at speed with no doors you can hear just fine. i need to get some sort of low end grunt tho, thinking of a small sub in the back... %)

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I just installed the front speakers in the kick panels.

It was tough to cut the holes but I am happy with how they turned out.
I would not install them there if I was going o take it offroad.

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
I have a set screwed into the bottom of the dash pointing down. I attached the other side to the column and air box. They've been there for a cople years and still put out sound.

Louie

Bronco Guru
I ordered another one of these today for my 77 that I'm finally putting a stereo in. This was in a 73 that I had and it worked pretty good. It's called a CentraPod from Crutchfield & it holds 5.25" speakers. I'll have a couple 6x9s in wedge boxes in the back too. It's not pretty but it works. I'll be jammin by the weekend :D

Attachments

• sm speaker 1.JPG
    sm speaker 1.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 75
  • sm speaker 2.JPG
    sm speaker 2.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 69
Last edited: