• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

speaker placement

72_EB

66to77
I don't know. Seems pricey to me and I don't like the cluttered up rollbar stuff personally. Too "jeepy" in my opinion.
Up for modifying the dash? 6" speakers in the corners with an overlay or new dash would be my move. No doors, no problem. ;) Just a thought.

Louie

Bronco Guru
Go for it and if they don't fit send them back. I'm looking for speaker placement back there too. Right now my 6x9s are taking up a lot of space in wedge boxes.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
well thats why I thought these might look a bit better than the jeep bar up there. The dash mounted speakers are great but I don't want to cut up my nice dash at the moment. Louie do you have the tuffy boxes for your speakers? How about a pic if you do.

Ben

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
By the way, I don't think it's too pricey as you are getting 4 speakers and two over head lights plus the cost of the boxes themselves. Just think if you peiced all of that together, I don't think you would be saving any money.

ben

BLUE72

Big muddy
I have been looking at those as well. I having a new cage built and have been trying to find someone in Utah that might have them in stock so I can see how they look or if they will mount ok. I guess the question is what diameter bar they will mount to. Please let me know if you find something out or you get them.

Louie

Bronco Guru
No Tuffy boxes...just Q-Logic 6x9 boxes sitting on the floor behind the rear sear. They sound decent but they're big.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Gotcha, I have been considering the tuffy speaker boxes too, but I think the overheads would be a little easier to hide the wiring up to the tuffy center console.

Thanks Ben

kntr

Bronco Guru
Why not put them in the rear panels. I have a set of Rockford 6" in mine and they fit pretty well.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Don't know? I have been thinking about that as well, just been hashing several different thing around. I built a set of side panels a few years ago and they were fine, may have to reconsider that again. The only problem I have with the side panel is that there not very secure (soft top)

Ben

kntr

Bronco Guru
Mount the speakers on the inside of the panel hole and then cover the panels with a thin fabric or carpet. Then you can not see them. Ive seen this done in a lot of vehicles. Totally stealth. You have to use a thin fabric or carpet so the sound isnt distorted.

My amps are hidden behind my rear panels. Speakers will be covered when redone.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Hmmm, this might be the way to go afterall. I actually still have my old panels, I just need to recover them. I do like the idea of hiding the amp behind the panel. I would worry that the amp wouldn't get enough cooling?

Ben

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
73stallion how do they sound? I just remembered I have a set of the the older Pioneer truck speakers with a 6x9 in the front and the tweeter on the top, don't know how I would mount them though.

Ben

kntr

Bronco Guru
Hmmm, this might be the way to go afterall. I actually still have my old panels, I just need to recover them. I do like the idea of hiding the amp behind the panel. I would worry that the amp wouldn't get enough cooling?

Ben

Im running 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 75s amps, 2 RF 10" subs, 2 Diamond Audio 5 1/4", 2 RF 6", and a RF 3" and this think is SUPER load. Ive never had a problem with cooling. Its Rockford Fosgate!

The only road trip its been on so far, is a 2 hour drive and I was by myself with the music cranked and Ive had no problems. :)