• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Speakers in dash

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I've been following the dash thread with interest, as I am working on mine now.

How do those 6x9s sound in there?

Should I go with a smaller round speaker 5 or 6 round?

I would like to stick with 6x9s because they are everywhere and I have some laying around, but don't want to install if you folks didn't like them afterwards.

Thanks!

yak67

Bronco Guru
I've got the sony xplode 6x9's and I think they are fine. Plenty loud, they can drown out the 351 and road noise, I don't think you could go wrong with them. good luck, lets see some pics when you're done;D

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
Ive got Sony Xplod 6x9's and Id have to agree with everything yak said. Ive got mine mounted in the rear quarter panels but theyre still able to drown everything out so having them in the dash you should have no problem. Post pics when youre done ;D

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
I dunno.. I think if you could box (even a small box like the thread where they used PVC pipe and cap for rounds) some 5 1/4 or 6" rounds.. they might sound pretty damn good.

I have this same task on my list too.. and I also want to put speakers in the dash and lose the stock cluster... Have any of you managed to get any type of small enclosure behind those 6x9?

storer23

Loc.
Edmonds, WA
It depends on the quality of the speakers and what kind of amp you have. I've got some MA Audio component 5 1/4's that sound way better than my old xplod 6x9's, they're louder too. The 5's will handle 125 watts RMS while my 6x9's only handled 45 watts. Also if the amp doesn't give off clean power, it doesn't matter how good the speakers are.

I've got my 5 1/4's mounted in the doors for now, but I plan on mounting them in the dash when I get around to the part. I think they'll sound better in there.