• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

spray on rubber

ca1a73

Bronco Guru
I was thinking of using a can of that spay on under coat on the inside of my door skins and door panels. Will this reduce road noise? What do you think of this stuff?

jim71

Loc.
Sprague MB
I have a couple of cans of rubberized undercoating sitting in the garage; I'm gonna do the exact same thing, just waiting for it to warm up outside (darn Canadian winter won't go away) or for my brother to get his bronco out of the garage. I don't know exactly how much noise it'll block - doing the firewall and hood would probably help a lot - but I hope it'll insulate a little in winter, too. It gets darn cold up here in Manitoba and I don't have any carpet and my Herculiner isn't in yet, either.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Just don't do any areas that you might want to do something else with later, like the floor or outer portions of the door pannels. That stuff doesn't come off easy.
I made the mistake of doing the rear floor and tail gate, and now I'm pretty much stuck with it unless I get it sandblasted off.

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
I did both doors on my trail rig and down both sides on the inside. The floor itself is Herculined. I noticed no difference in noise with the top on and the windows up. Just as loud as bare paint. This was long before i cut it all up.

If you like the looks of the stuff, then go for it. If you really want it to cancel out some noise dont bother.

Bronco7672

Loc.
Richmond, VA
Funny howdy. Yes, dynamat is hard to beat. get the extreme dynamat, and if you realy want to go crazy get a bulk pack and do the whole inside of your truck

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
Bronco7672 said:
Funny howdy. Yes, dynamat is hard to beat. get the extreme dynamat, and if you realy want to go crazy get a bulk pack and do the whole inside of your truck

???
Does this dynamat soke up any moisture once its installed or is it water proof
I dont want to install carpet!!
I would just put down rubberized mat on top
Is this good enough
I hate carpet in a hunting truck muddy boot etc...
Thanks
ds