• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Squeeling tires

merciless

Loc.
Brooklyn, NY
I keep forgetting to ask you guys about this. I was just reminded when trying to do an illegal U-eee when a cop wasnt watching me. It was like honking my horn and yelling look at me im turning :p<br><br>Is it normal for the bronco around medium to sharp turns for the tires to squeel. Sounds like the fronts to me but im not sure.<br>

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
I noticed on real tight turns after my suspension lift that it would "push" the front end outwards intermittantly. I never tried a real tight turn before the lift, so I assumed it was the caster/camber being a little off. Could I have a limited slip front?

JTCamp

Loc.
Austin, Texas
[quote author=cjjhalfcab link=board=5;threadid=11141;start=0#81804 date=1037028873]<br>I noticed on real tight turns after my suspension lift that it would "push" the front end outwards intermittantly. I never tried a real tight turn before the lift, so I assumed it was the caster/camber being a little off. Could I have a limited slip front?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Unless you drive around with your hubs locked, any locker or posi won't have any effect because the wheels are free-wheeling on the spindles. Sounds more like an alignment problem, most EB that are lifted tend to have such problem...mine does.<br><br>John

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
[quote author=cjjhalfcab link=board=5;threadid=11141;start=0#81804 date=1037028873]<br>I noticed on real tight turns after my suspension lift that it would "push" the front end outwards intermittantly. I never tried a real tight turn before the lift, so I assumed it was the caster/camber being a little off. Could I have a limited slip front?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Check your ball joints and bearings, mine did the same and the ball joints were no good. <br>As for the squealing, you may have hard (inexpensive) tires. The Bronco turns so tight that hard tires don't get much grip when at full turn.<br>-Eric

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
My 2001 Ranger dailey driver does it EVERYWHERE!! I (just turning 16 at the time) figured it was "cool ::)" but now it just annoying. You could just do what I did to solve my problem....TURN THE MUSIC UP LOUDER ;D!!! hahah

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
My front tires have always squeeled on sharp turns. I think the bronco can turn the wheels so far they arnt turning the same directions and is pushing or pulling on a tire.

edjolly

Loc.
Denver Colorado
[quote author=jtcamp link=board=5;threadid=11141;start=0#81806 date=1037029240]<br>[quote author=cjjhalfcab link=board=5;threadid=11141;start=0#81804 date=1037028873]<br>I noticed on real tight turns after my suspension lift that it would "push" the front end outwards intermittantly[/quote]<br><br>Unless you drive around with your hubs locked, any locker or posi won't have any effect because the wheels are free-wheeling on the spindles. Sounds more like an alignment problem, most EB that are lifted tend to have such problem...mine does.<br>[/quote]<br><br>A locker in the rear can cause this. Can cause the vehicle to understeer and can cause the tire squeeling also.<br>You might check to see if you have a locker in the rear.