• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Started my 302 for the first time

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I'm still waiting on the body to be painted, so taking this time to get other stuff done. This weekend I tackled the engine. Installed the wires, dizzy, Holley carb, coil, rigged the radiator, primed with the oil pump, etc. Fired up the first time! Great oil pressure. Cell phone video, so not the greatest. Still needs some tweaking, but good to hear it run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvZFli6aM00

Last edited:

idus25

Loc.
St. Louis
Nice!! Thank goodness it started, couldn't take too much more of that music in the background. Was that Seal???

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Ha. I don't know. Just whatever was on the local radio station. Background noise. I had forgotten the radio was even on until I played back the video. Music does suck.

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Holley 80457SA. Its the 4061 series with electric choke. Seems to be very good out of the box. Mine is rather old, in that I actually bought the carb back in 2008, but it has sit in the box until now. But I see on the net that the same model is sold and most seem to like it. Early on I thought I was going to do some mechanical work to the Bronco and drive it. But then as I dug in and found rust that the previous owner had hidden from a novice that I was, well, I ended up do a complete frame off. So all these nice parts have been in bins waiting for the day. The 302 I also bought back in 2008 (crate motor) and it has also been sitting waiting. I had installed the Edelbrock intake, water pump and the like. Then never installed the engine. Changed gears and started on the body, which took me forever and a day to complete.