• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Started my 302 when I figured it had the 351 firing order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Augustus

Loc.
South Milwaukee, WI.
I spent a few quality hours fighting my 302's ignition setup only to figure out that it has the 351 firing order. #@$%&**! and @@#$)(^!!@@!!!!-headed. Idled fine until my power steering pump showed its issues. It wont pump.... internals seem seized. Its a brand new pump and I didn't have any issues when installing it. God I hope that the supplier has a cure or replaces it.

Southerner

Re:Started my 302 when I figured it had the 351 firing order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can a 302 have a 351 firing order without truly being a 351 ??? I'm not trying to be a smart a-- but when I bought my EB not knowing anything about engines, I was told it had a 351W and believed the guy. I checked out the firing order later with the chiltons manual and it fits the 302. So I figured I have a 302. There was a post a while back that specified the measurements from the crankshaft to the top of the motor and related the measurements to a 302 and 351, anyone remember ??? I sure would be happy if I figured out I did actually have a 351W :eek:

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Re:Started my 302 when I figured it had the 351 firing order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They switched the 302 to the 351 firing order in the '80s. It is also possible to put a 351 cam into a 302, and it's the cam that sets the firing order.

OP
OP
A

Augustus

Loc.
South Milwaukee, WI.

Yup..... Sat down and did some reading after screwing around for a while getting nowhere...