• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Starter problems

74fiberglass

I have a mini starter from one of the vendors here and it seems to not be disengaing all the way and hitin the flywheel anyone else have this problem? It only has about 500 miles on it but it is 2 years old. Next what can I ask for at autozone that will work and is a mini starter cuz I don't wanna pull the header to get a full size on
Thankx

Ourobos

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Big Island Hawaii
For a 302 an 93+ Mustang 5.0 had the hi-torque starter. I'd look into have the bendix redone on that one, it's probably sticking.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Are you sure you have it wired correctly? If you wire it wrong they will hang in the flywheel a little after the engine starts. run the big positive cable from the starter straight to the battery side of the solenoid and run the small wire to the side of the solenoid that the big cable would normally go with a stock type starter.