• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Starter problems

wick24

Loc.
hanalei, kauai
Hey guys I'm having trouble with my Early bronco starter stays on. I just replaced:
-solonoid
-starter
-ignition switch
I started it the other day and engine started but starter motor was still cranking.
I put it in neutral jumped out popped the hood pulled the neg on battery, engine was still running. I pulled the coil wire and killed the motor.
I then checked the forem and thought it might be the solonoid so that was replaced with a new ichelin 4 post solonoid.
I Tried to start it and starter made a drill sound and would not turn off or engage the fly wheel (figured it was the starter clutch or throwout drive) so i pulled the battery neg again and it went off.
Next I ordered a new ignition switch/key cilinder and new starter (not mini) and put starter and ignition switch in. It started right up but starter stayed on I ran and pulled (s) plug off my 4 post solonoid and it cut power to starter motor, truck was running just fine so I parked it. Where is my short? I don't have a volt meter to check current from ignition switch and my mechanic is to busy to help out. I think it is starting at on position on key ignition switch but not positive. Any help would be great
Motor 93 302 ho
Msd ignition box wired to cut off switch