• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Starting my 3-link Build

77uncut

Loc.
San Tan Valley
I asked many times if anyone has tried the Poly Performance 3-link kit, never got a responce. So i bit the bullet and ordered it last nite, and will be installing it shortly. Broncos all torn down and ready for the install, I will post pictures soon. I also feel like im a guinea pig for this kit. I have searched for many hours trying to find someone who has installed this kit, with no results. I will let you know if its worth it. lol

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, hate it when that happens. Good luck, and definitely post up pics of your progress.

4lofun

If you build it.they will respond. Sounds like you did the research and are confident it will work for you..post up progress questions and results ..people here will give you input. Good luck

nelson_bros

Loc.
los anchorage
I will subscribe to your build thread for sure! I'm curious what hurdles you run into with their kit and what modifications you have to make for it to work well.

One thought: you could have posted your ideas on Pirate and you would have found out what's dumb and what NOT to do real fast!!;D

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I like this site alot more, if only i could figure out how to post pictures. lol

Welcome to the site and if you like it support it with $12 and become a contributor. You can then post pictures. There are other ways to post pictures but I would have to charge you $20. ;D

Looking forward to your build.... with pictures

OP
OP
77uncut

77uncut

Loc.
San Tan Valley
Welcome to the site and if you like it support it with $12 and become a contributor. You can then post pictures. There are other ways to post pictures but I would have to charge you $20. ;D

Looking forward to your build.... with pictures

Sounds like a plan just need to set up a paypal account after work tonite.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
I'll follow your build. I've been researching a lot on 3 links for info and curious to know how this turns out. What axle will you be running?

OP
OP
77uncut

77uncut

Loc.
San Tan Valley
I'll follow your build. I've been researching a lot on 3 links for info and curious to know how this turns out. What axle will you be running?

Right now ill be running my Dana 44, it allready has an Arb Air locker and 4.11 gears. I eventuall want to go to a 60, i figure it wont be to hard to change over the brackets later on down the road.

OP
OP
77uncut

77uncut

Loc.
San Tan Valley
Finally got a paypal account, so i will be a contributor soon and will post all the pics of my progress. Now i just have to make the new girlfriend realize that the Bronco was here first. haha

OP
OP
77uncut

77uncut

Loc.
San Tan Valley
Pics finally added

Im finally a Contributor, heres a few pics of some of the progress ive made. Feel free to give me you opinions, good or bad both will help with my build

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    249.1 KB · Views: 119
OP
OP
77uncut

77uncut

Loc.
San Tan Valley
Just found out that in October im going to a new work schedual, ill have 8 days off in a row every 28 days so i promise alot more progress soon.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hey neighbor! Need a hand let me know...

Do my eyes deceive me or is that leaf springs up front!? Interesting.

Need to get you up & running before the weather gets better :cool:

OP
OP
77uncut

77uncut

Loc.
San Tan Valley
Hey neighbor! Need a hand let me know...

Do my eyes deceive me or is that leaf springs up front!? Interesting.

Need to get you up & running before the weather gets better :cool:

Thanks Neighbor i will keep that in mind. Yes your eyes werent playing tricks on you, the guy before me thought for some good reason leafs would be a good idea. Now i just need this Damn heat to go away, it should at least be in the low 100's by now. hah

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This looks pretty cool I just wanted to suscribe so hopefully I can learn something! Good luck with the project.

Hauq

I don’t want to be negative, and hope that I’m wrong; but I would suspect that a 3 link with leaf springs would cause some binding issues. I suspect that you’ll have to make the link attachments close to the leaf pivot point or the radius of the spring movement would bind with the radius of the arm movement. Good luck.