• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Starting Problem

dnash

Loc.
The home of Ford
Tried to start it yesterday and all I got was a click. Battery is new. Positive cable was very hot after trying but never turned over. Didn't have time to look at it closely but I have worked the started pretty hard over the last few months. What should I look for first? The heat leads me to believe that there was current trying to flow to the starter. I believe the solenoid is new as well.

oleguy74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
calif city ca
clean pos and neg posts,tighten them good make sure there tight at block and starter,and solenoid.if still no-go check starter.also get some battery post grease,the red or pink stuff.will help stop corrosion.

7elk

Loc.
Albuquerque
I had the same problem and even though it was a new in box solenoid, it was bad. Replaced and good to go.