• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stated value Car Insurance for 69 Bronco

conwaj

I am located in San Diego and I am looking for suggestions of where to get a stated valued insurance policy for by 69 Bronco. I would guess that we all have more money (an time - and more time) invested in our Broncos than the normal insurnace companys will support. Can anyone provide a company that has worked for you?

Much appreciated,

John
conwaj@cox.net

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have used Hagerty Classic Car Insurance Co. They have been great. They look at pics and let you put your own estimated value on your Bronco. They then approve your value and you are set. They insure for the full value of your car, instead of just liability. They also provide three free tows up to 100 miles in the event that you might need one. I have 4 Broncos with them now and it is very resonable.

Blue71

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Hagerty.......$30,000........$450 per year.......full coverage......conventional insurance companies can't touch them........Also, try Gundy.

Good luck.

bob_lafrentz

Loc.
Cody, WY
Something to think about... I believe there are two types of insurance being discussed here: (1) Stated Value and (2) Agreed upon value. If I remember right, a stated value insurance policy is where you tell them how much it is worth. The problem with this type of policy is there is too much wiggle room. If you bronco is totaled, they could potentially say you were out of your mind and the vehicle is only worth $1k. You would have to prove your case. Much like with a standard vehicle policy, but with less wiggle room.

With an agreed upon value policy, I believe both parties decide what it is worth. If I recall right, this is the best policy to go with.

Then again, I may be speaking out of my A$$. Insurance is a funny thing until you need it.....

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
Haggerty has limited mileage. When I called them they wanted to only give me like 1,000 miles a year. I went through my all-state agent and he found me coverage for my bronco that states $15,000 on policy.

matt

ddrass

matt69 said:
Haggerty has limited mileage. When I called them they wanted to only give me like 1,000 miles a year. I went through my all-state agent and he found me coverage for my bronco that states $15,000 on policy.

matt

1k miles? That's lousy.

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
Ddrass, they also wanted to me to write a statement that it would only be driven to and from parades or shows and it would never be taken off-road. I obviously chose to go a different route through my own insurance agent.

matt