• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering column upper collar bolts (where to get them?)

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I just tore into my column off of my 72 Bronco and found that someone had done some "work" at some point. The 2 bolts that hold the collar to the column are gone and they installed some homemade bolts that don't work very well. I have looked around and am not having much luck. My local wrecking yard was a bust as well. I have a tilt column from a 78 ford van that I was going to tear into to see if it had the same bolts but hate to try it if they are wrong.
As always Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thanks! I thought I looked on JBG, I guess I had too many Beers!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I went back to JBG and looked and I couldn't find those under the area I was looking. That part number pops right up when I type it in. Not sure what I was doing wrong but I appreciate the help!
Thanks again!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
If I try to look it up under manual column they are not there. If I look up the auto column parts they show up. Weird!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
My buddy had a 65 or so Ford Galaxie that he is using for parts for another car. I was able to score some bolts from an extra steering column he had. Problem solved!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
They look like these, they are a special bolt. They hold the turn signal switch housing to the top of the steering column on the inside.

Attachments

• steeringcolumnbolts.jpg
    steeringcolumnbolts.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 3