• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

steering column

leelandaiche

Loc.
Gonzales, La
ok i need some help. i cant find a exploded view of a steering column. ive got a 71 bronco. the other day i was driving home and i heard a loud knocking sound and my steering wheel started shaking. when i got back i opened my hood and grabbed the steering column where it goes into the firewall and i can move it all around. any idea what happened? and what i need to get to fix it?

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
There is a bracket welded to the column a couple of inches behind the dash. There is a bolt on each side of the column that goes through the bracket and holds the column to the framework behind the dash. Check and see if the bolts came out or if the bracket somehow broke loose.

OP
OP
leelandaiche

leelandaiche

Loc.
Gonzales, La
There is a bracket welded to the column a couple of inches behind the dash. There is a bolt on each side of the column that goes through the bracket and holds the column to the framework behind the dash. Check and see if the bolts came out or if the bracket somehow broke loose.

yea my dad just told me about that same bracket. im going to check that out tomorrow when i have daylight. hopefully its something small. i need to get this thing back on the road!