• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sticking brakes

ZookBronc

Loc.
South Orange County
I finallly got to drive my Bronco today after a year and I noticed the brakes were sticking a bit or at least the pedal. The pedal sticks after applying the brakes and doesnt seem to come all the way back up unless i pull it up with my foot, but only some of the time. I have installed a new brake booster, front discs and hoses in the front.

What could be the problem?
Better yet, what could be the solution??

Thanks in advance,
Paul

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you have the angle bracket that the vender sell, there is a pivot bolt that holds the linkages to paddle and booster. If you tighten that bolt/nut, then you will have that problem. Try loosing it alittle and test.

Eugene

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are the hard lines new? Maybe there's a kink somewhere. Does the brakes release when the peddle is sticking? Even though the booster is new, I suggest take it out of the loop,unplug vaccum hose to booster, and see if the problem still there. Hopefull someone with more experience will chime in. Uh can you list your brake system so we know what parts you got.

Eugene

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Old soft lines can make that happen. Sounds like you replaced the front ones (all three?) maybe the back needs your attention too.

OP
OP
ZookBronc

ZookBronc

Loc.
South Orange County
Inventory of parts:

Duffs brake booster and steel braided hoses
Toms front discs, proportioning valve and steel braided hoses in front
Steel braided lines from body to axle front and rear
Old hard lines and stock rear drums

The brakes dont release either when the pedal sticks, I cant tell if its front or rear or both.

Im wondering if something is hanging up on bracket by the booster. This is driving me crazy.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It seems like you need to see if your brake peddle is binding.

Eugene