• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock 302 Exhaust manifolds on a 351w ??

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
Will the stock cast manifolds from a 302 EB work on a 351w ?
My 70 bronco came with a 302 buy I'm building a 351w for it and can't see spending the money on headers right now. I still have the stock 302 manifolds and I had also ordered some pre bent exhaust pipe from BC broncos to use with manifolds. It's only 2in exhaust pipe but I think it would work for now.
Thanks

Last edited:

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I think the factory head pipes were only 1-7/8". 2" will be fine. I doubt the exhaust flow will increase much since a 302 needs to rev more to produce the power of a 351W. Besides, the heads are the same and the exhaust ports will be your biggest restriction.

OP
OP
coupe66

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
One thing I forgot to mention was that I will be running a set of unported aluminum Canfield heads on my new 351w.

Rocking Bronc66

I've got a 351w with ported stock heads 302 manifolds and BC broncos 2 into 1, it works with no problems

baddad457

One thing I forgot to mention was that I will be running a set of unported aluminum Canfield heads on my new 351w.

Then you're going to severely choke the engine by using stock cast manifolds. Not much point in using those heads if you're going to cork em with stock cast manifolds. Get a set of headers, the cost isn't that much extra. The ports on those heads are bigger than the ports on the manifolds, that in itself is a reason not to do that.

Last edited:

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
You can get a set of long tubes for maybe $300. Thats what i have with my 351w and works fine. I can even drop the transmission and t-case (c4 and dana 20) without dissasembling my exhaust.