• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock 7 blade fan hitting shroud

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
3rd time posting this in this thread.
Moroso sells thin "washer-like" fan spacers!

These are not the typical quarter inch or half inch or three-quarter inch fan spacers these are essentially really thick washers that go behind the pulley or behind the fan. You could easily stack them to gain a quarter of an inch or even a little more. They are available at Jegs Summit or your local hot rod shop. I don't know if I'm just not getting it.....or you guys aren't listening to me haha. You need a quarter inch? Stack Moroso fan spacers up to get that quarter inch.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
3rd time posting this in this thread.
Moroso sells thin "washer-like" fan spacers!

These are not the typical quarter inch or half inch or three-quarter inch fan spacers these are essentially really thick washers that go behind the pulley or behind the fan. You could easily stack them to gain a quarter of an inch or even a little more. They are available at Jegs Summit or your local hot rod shop. I don't know if I'm just not getting it.....or you guys aren't listening to me haha. You need a quarter inch? Stack Moroso fan spacers up to get that quarter inch.

This will work to some extent just watch out shimming up the factory type spacers. As the nose of the water pump gets shorter the hole in the factory spacers get looser. The factory spacers are not straight precision bores so they can get looser and run out of true.

OP
OP
B

Bolt

My pulley is 5.75” and the fan pulley is the same. Gonna try a two groove pulley without a spacer on the fan when I get a chance to go back into the shop. Hopefully this works out the clearance issues with the fan.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
My pulley is 5.75” and the fan pulley is the same. Gonna try a two groove pulley without a spacer on the fan when I get a chance to go back into the shop. Hopefully this works out the clearance issues with the fan.

Good decision.
Most of us get along just fine without water pump overdrive.
That application may be necessary for crawling, but we're not doing that here.