• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock App for a Throttle Cable

u10072

Bronco Guru
Hello All,
I am looking for a stock throttle cable application that works on the EB that has SEFI and the throttle body is on the driver side. Was looking at a 90 Crown Vic and it seems a bit long and was hoping someone has used a Tempo or Cavalier-- hell it can be a Chevy Luv for all I care but it needs to be an off the shelf part. I can easily go with a custom Morse cable but a stock app is just great.

Thanks,
Matt

mattt

Bronco Guru
I had to go bracket in the front, and I was able to use a Mustang 5.0 cable. I don't remember why I had to go in the front, but if I remember correctly, it had something to do with my AOD TV cable. For a rear bracket, you might try a late 80's Lincoln Town Car. I was going down the route with that option on mine and I have the Town Car cable mounting bracket that I didn't use. Let me know if you want to try it. The throttle cable on a Town Car is very short....it's a more or less straight shot from the firewall to the TB and cable mount.

Ultimately, I'd like to go this route with mine to hide/clean up the up front cables mounting, but until the AOD comes out(no plans for that), it's not going to happen.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I've got no complains for this throttle setup -
2012-01-29_21-43-22_230.jpg

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Or Lokar.
Good instructions. Easy install. Has worked flawlessly for years.
Of course I have a carb but they make them for OEM fuel injection as well.