• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock clutch linkage with GT40p exhaust manifolds?

Biohazard

Loc.
Central Arkansas
I've been looking at the stock manifolds on the GT40p heads and it seems that the drivers side drops right down where the clutch lever pivot arm connects to the block. I know there is a way to add a bracket to use the clutch pivot ball, but it seems the manifold blocks the whole deal. Was wondering if anyone has faced this and how they handled it short of running the specialized "P" headers because I would really prefer not spending that money. I've seen where some have modded the early manifolds, and I guess that is an option. I just really can't afford the extra expense for the headers ($500!?!) and I'm not building a big horsepower engine, so headers are not justifiable as far as I'm concerned. When I drop this motor in I'll also be installing a NP435 so I'll need to keep the clutch. Is it necessary to fab up a hydro clutch? Just trying to get some info before I tear everything down to do the swap, and any help would be appreciated.

Joe473

There was a truck bellhousing in the 80's for an external hydraulic slave. I had an 85 f150 with it. It used standard fork that I used for 3 speed column shift and then later 4 speed. Clutch master and slave were over 300k miles and never replaced. Bellhousing may be rare but might be cheap fund and would solve your linkage clearance issues.

On my bronco I went m5r2 with internal slave to eliminate linkage

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Biohazard

Biohazard

Loc.
Central Arkansas
I've heard of that setup. I'm sure I could mod up a bracket to hold a slave cylinder if it came to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk