• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock front bumper question

enigmacomp

If the stock bumper on a '71 takes the "T" shaped license plate bracket, as I've seen....what on earth are the 3 holes in the center of my bumper for?
Any insight appreciated

Rumcustom

If your Bronco previously had bumperettes there would be a hole for each of them, but they are mounted closer to the frame rail portion of the bumper not in the center. Can you post a picture? The T bracket bolts to the bottom of the bumper with two holes, and (I think) one more hole at the top of the T bracket.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
The T bracket bolts to the bottom of the bumper with two holes, and (I think) one more hole at the top of the T bracket.

Just the two holes in the bottom. There is no hole thru the face of the bumper for the bracket.

NYC Bronco

Stock Front Bumper related Q

thinking about mounting two round lights to the bumper. Can this be done into the stock from bumper bumperette holes? would it be better to install bumpettes and drill mounting holes into the top of the bumpettes? I'm thinking it might look better that way

OP
OP
E

enigmacomp

It has bumperettes, the holes I'm referring to are center on the face in a triangular pattern. I haven't figured out how to post pics here....yet

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA