• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock Passenger Seat Rubber Grommets

TAC

Loc.
Pocatello, ID
Were there any kind of original rubber grommets or rubber bumpers on the rear posts of the stock flip passenger seat? Something to stop the "clunk" on the floor when you flip the seat back down and to reduce vibration in the seat. There are holes in the seat rear posts or legs so you could add them. Just curious, thanks.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Very interesting question. I too long ago noticed that there were holes in the bottom of the seat pedestals that appeared as though some sort of rubber bumper should go there. But, no, the factory never had anything there. I have often thought about putting something there. It would need to be fairly thin to avoid lifting the seat too high and to avoid keeping the latch from engaging. Maybe something like the little plastic ovals that are used in the bottom of the upper half of both seats would work.

OP
OP
TAC

TAC

Loc.
Pocatello, ID
Thanks, sounds like nothing came stock. The bumper would have to be thin, even a thin nylon spacer. Could shim the latch hoop slightly to make sure it catches. Hmmm, probably not worth messing with.

Also, thanks for the link to a previous thread. I did a quick search of the topic and didn't see anything. Not sure how I missed that.

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had been looking for the same thing ended up just using those thin plastic body panel plugs you can get at any auto parts store - 3/8" or 1/2" I think. They work fine for now until I find something better. good luck

Attachments

• photo (76).JPG
    photo (76).JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
TAC

TAC

Loc.
Pocatello, ID
I had been looking for the same thing ended up just using those thin plastic body panel plugs you can get at any auto parts store - 3/8" or 1/2" I think. They work fine for now until I find something better. good luck

I tried that and it worked nicely! Thanks for the tip.