• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

stock proportioning valve piston stuck?

UGABRONCO

I have a 76 with a stock proportioning valve and the brake warning light sensor. I know that there is a piston on the PV that slides to one side when there is an imbalance to prevent the complete lost of fluid. Is it possible for that piston stick if it sits in that postion for a long time. Basically the bronco was driven without rear brakes and parked for about a year, and I have been trying to bleed the rear brakes and I cannot get any fluid tom come out of the bleeder screw. Sorry for the long post, but I am so close to finishing the rear disk setup and driving the bronco again.

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
On the front of the prop valve there is a little "pin" that sticks out horizontally from the body's end. The pin needs to stay out to bleed.