• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Straight 6 engine code? GGDE 6015-A ? PLEASE HELP

fitpays

Loc.
Woodstown, NJ
Hey guys, my dad has an inline 6 in his Bronco but it was swapped in the 80's (obviously before he knew he should keep the OG engine!). He needs to know what year it is and any other info on it because he is ordering fuel lines for it. He ordered them for the right year truck and they are not the right size. He was told we need to make sure we know what year the block is now. I really did not think it would matter, but he claims it does. He did not find the tag on it. All he found was a stamp that looks like this:
GGDE
6015-A

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have done google searches on this but came up with nothing.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you know where the number was read from?
The most logical sequence it seems to me, would be C6DE 6015-A which equates to a 170 (or perhaps a 200?) six cylinder from one of the cars. Probably a Mustang?

If that's not it, not sure what it would be. But a 170 would have been the most logical bolt-in replacement back in the day I would think.

Paul

bmbm

block numbers

I looked in my Falcon Performance manual and it is probably C6DE indicating a 66-67 block.
Does it have three freeze plugs or five? 170 has three and 200 has five.
It seems that the carb manufacturer would be good info if buying fuel lines.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
What would an engine block have to do with fuel lines? Lines go from the tank, along the frame rail, and connect to the fuel pump. The fuel line in an EB was flexible nylon tubing. About the only thing that would have been pre-bent would be from the fuel pump to the carb. Simple to fab yourself from a length purchased from the autopart store.