• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Strange Oil Leak

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
I have a strange oil leak that just started. Oil is leaking out of what appears to be 2 weep holes on the top of my Edelbrock Victor fuel pump. It does not leak at idle but leaks when I step on the gas. It is definitely oil and not gas leaking.

My 351W is a brand new Ford crate engine, PCV is hooked up and operating normally, oil pressure is normal, timing at 10 degrees, great idle, runs well. Fuel pump is fairly new.

Could debris from the fuel tank gotten into the pump and made the diaphram fail. The pump is still providing fuel tot he carb.

Some responses that I have gotten has been that the fuel pump is going bad. Is it a fluke that a new pump would go bad so quickly or is there something else wrong?

Very confused and frustrated.

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru
I wish I had a dime for every new or remanufactured part that came out of the box defective, but didn't know it until it was installed... :(