• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stupid Laws

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I really hate the fact I can ride any motorcycle with no helmet, in shorts and no shirt but I have to have a windshield, wipers, and seatbelts to ride in my Bronco.
So what are the laws in your state that get under your skin?

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
22" from ground to bottom of bumper, tires not protruding from side of vehicle more than about 1 1/2"(not sure on exact measurement)

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
22" from ground to bottom of bumper,

Had that here, still do but they leave us alone about it, had one guy riding on 44's in an F-150, tires were at the top of the frame, his front bumper had a removable section that dropped it to the required height.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
You mean I cant drive on the street with my windshield down?

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
No more than a 2-1/2" alteration of lift or drop, by any mechanical means...helmet law (even though I'd still wear one) and seatbelt law (even though I'd still wear one).

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
You mean I cant drive on the street with my windshield down?

The law says :
(1) A windshield in a fixed and upright position, which windshield is equipped with safety glazing as required by federal safety-glazing material standards, is required on every motor vehicle which is operated on the public highways, roads, and streets, except on a motorcycle or implement of husbandry.

And

(16) IMPLEMENT OF HUSBANDRY.--Any vehicle designed and adapted exclusively for agricultural, horticultural, or livestock-raising operations or for lifting or carrying an implement of husbandry and in either case not subject to registration if used upon the highways.

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Man, that windshield law is almost funny. I know a cop here in CO and according to him, as long as you are wearing some form of eye protection, you can drive around in the winter without a windshield.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hell, bax is an "instrument of husbandry"!!! He's got a wife and beautiful daughter and she drives an EB!!!!;D;D;D He doesn't even need a registration!!!!

7elk

Loc.
Albuquerque
Some of the local police in a suburb of Albuquerque like to stop you for having no shoulder harness. The law is that if a vehicle didn't come equipped with it, you don't have to have it. They stop you for having no seat belt even though you do.

450rbronco

cant run without q functioning door tires can be out past flare flares cant be any more than 6 inches from original body

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
My confusion is that if your driving in a 4 wheeled steel box AKA "Bronco", you have to be buckled. If your riding on top of a 2 wheeled cycle, no seat belt required. I got a seat belt ticket from a motorcycle cop, I wanted to tell him, so if I was riding on the roof of my truck with only 2 wheels on the ground I would not need one, LOL.

JMP

Loc.
Kirkland, WA
Cops speeding without their gumballs flashing...

Cops driving in the carpool lanes...

Horribly restrictive Muzzle loader hunting restrictions...

Needing to have a driver side mirror...

Josh

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Man this is great the 2 Homer Simpsons with the same view.. It's my life if I don't want the seat belt on . It's me that bites the bullet.. I'm big on telling young people to not give up your FREEDOMS ... now our town passed a law that you can't text and drive .. Yes it dangerous but it's your fender.....
..... Speed limits that don't matches 20 mile down the road....