• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Summers almost over and my CRAB cage and new wheels are finally installed.

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Well it's been a long summer. I got the CRAB cage on the first mass buy. It showed up and I wanted to put it in. Only issue was my garage was a complete mess and I needed to finish insulating it and hanging peg board. While looking at my cage crated up, I found a 92 BB for $1k. I bought and put on a 6" suspension lift, and pulled my 1 year old MT wheels and claws from the EB and then traded the BB (big bronco) for a 89 mustang with tons of good aftermarket parts. PO just spenk 6k on it. So I made out big time. Well then I didn't have money for new wheels and tires to put on the EB. Just 3 weeks ago I finally saved up enough. I bought the MT w/locks and some claws again. I finished welding together the CRAB cage, and the wheel package showed up 2 days later. So here is a shot FRESH out of the garage wiped the sust off and shot the tires and fenders with some shiny stuff;D Check out the before and after.

Hmm. looks like I need to take more pics. It was like 93 degrees out and the camera lense kept fogging up...:-[
Cheers,

Attachments

• bronco 001.jpg
    bronco 001.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC00396.JPG
    DSC00396.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC00397.JPG
    DSC00397.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC00398.JPG
    DSC00398.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC00399.JPG
    DSC00399.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 124

kntr

Bronco Guru
Looks great. I cant decide which wheels I like better. Ever think about painting or powdercoating the rings on the wheels a different color?

hammer

Bronco Guru
I vote for before. I have a 6 point waiting to go in. Maybe I'll go a different route. Functionally it serves a better purpose but I think your old cage looks better.

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
:eek: Wow! That did turn out great. It looks like it just rolled off a showroom floor or something. Now don't go trading it off for something else.

OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Ohh this thing isn't going anywhere. My wife would have my ass. As for the style of cage. I like the smaller ones, however I went this route only because I have a 2 year old, and one on the way. All the protection I could get on the back was worth the style difference. Safety first :) .

The rings. I am not sure what I want to do with them yet. I may powder coat them RED. I have the PC system and a sand blaster so the rings would be a piece of cake to do. I just have to feel them out a little. They are new to me so I may decide within a year or so that I may want to change the color.

I do need a new bikini top to fit the cage. Search is on... If you know somewhere that has full length bikini's let me know.

hewie73

Loc.
Morrice, MI
Nice Wheels

Did you know you can get those rings in different colors? red, black, yellow/gold, and of course my favorite........

Attachments

• DSC00390.jpg
    DSC00390.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Yes, I did know you could buy them....They are way to expensive when I can do the color myself. Helps to have my own powder coating system. :)

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
I'm with 2ndtime...not a fan of the family cage, but if you got cargo to protect...good choice.

BEAUTIFUL EB by the way. What color is that?

hewie73

Loc.
Morrice, MI
Your right, they are a bit pricy. And of course if you have the powder coat system, then it is a no brainer.

OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
The doors are probably one of the first few off his jig. I got on the list the day he came on here and offered them.... I love them to death. I bought a set and a half of the lift offs from one of our mass buys just for tube doors. I also had a set of latches I scored from EBay. I was in the plans of making a set of doors myself when Classic4X4's showed his design off. I said to hell with making my own. He already did all the hard work and made it stylish. Best of all I simply lift them off and set down my stock doors with no issues at all. His Jig is spot on. No different hinges that you have to chane out or anything. You can even use you stock hinges if you want.

The color is 93 FORD mustang Cobra RED (VIBRENT) It is a different color of red all day long. In the sun it turns orange, out of the sun it is orangered, in the shade is is red, night is looks dark red :) I loved that color ever since 2 of my buddies had cobras with that color and another had a limited edition GT that had the cobra red on it. (rare)

The picture colors are off mostly because of the filter on the camera. I have one of those new HD sony handycams that takes 6.1mp pictures. I filmed last with a filter and forgot to take it off. Just shows another color of the red it looks during the day. It should actuall look orange in that shot. It was high noon. The filter toned it down a lot. It took a lot of the blue out, and added yellow.