• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Summit Aluminum Rad

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I've run one for years. Mine has the inlet on the passenger's side top corner - with my Mustang serpentine bracket and 3G alternator on a 351w I had to alter the inlet. I had a shop cut it and angle it out 45 degrees towards the outside. Because of that I run a custom hose but otherwise it fits right in the stock brackets. I run the Derale electric fan that Wild Horses sells and have never had any issues with overheating, even when sitting still in traffic, in 100 degree heat.
If I had a 302, or if my alternator was located somewhere else, I am certain it would fit without any issues.

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have one on my 351. I don't remember which one I have but I didn't need to make any mods to the radiator to make it work and all of my cooling problem disappeared. I've had it for years and it seems like I only had to modify the lower mounts slightly to make it fit.

landshark99

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Montrose, Colorado
In using one on the 400 in my 69 bronco. Cools great and fits the stock brackets fine. I also don't remember which one I have but its wide have about 1/4" clearance from the steering box and battery on either side. Also my radiator mounts are moved forward a bit.

Susan76

which Summit rad - they offer about 12 different rads from 3 brands.