• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Summit Racing 600 cfm carburetor offroad review 4x4

broncoman82

Loc.
Blairsville Ga.
what is the part number for that specific carb? all of the ones I have looked at on the summit website states it doesn't come with the linkage.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
what is the part number for that specific carb? all of the ones I have looked at on the summit website states it doesn't come with the linkage.

Summit only shows 3 600 cfm carbs of that style all show kickdown linkage. I didnt see anything that said they did or didnt come with linkage. SUM-M08600VS is the part number. They offer 2 new ones and,a rebuilt one.
Should be a decent carb I have yet to get my hands on one tho.

Stingray240cs

Loc.
Corinth, Texas
If I had a perfectly good edelbrock 1406 is it worth going to this carb? It sounds like I could benefit off road right? Would there be any pros or cons on the road? Thanks for doing the review.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Overall it should be way better than a edelbrock offroad. But there are ways to make a edelbrock run better offroad I would probably try doing the mods before buying a new carb.
On road it should be the same.

Stingray240cs

Loc.
Corinth, Texas
Well, I only recently got my Bronco running so it hasn't been offroad. I've just always read on here that edelbrocks (1406) are bad offroad. My bronco will be mostly street so I didn't mind buying the 1406. But when I saw the reviews of this Summit, I thought I would look into it since it sounded like it was as good as the 1406 on the street but possibly better offroad. I guess I should give it a try first. I have two 1406 carbs so maybe I'll modify one with all the offroad mods and see if there is a difference.

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
That's why I asked. If you are not having problems, don't try to fix something that isn't broken. There is a lot of hysteria about this subject, some of it is justified for the folks that are hardcore. But for a lot of people the Edelbrock will do just fine.

ol gray mare

The OP on this thread also has a thread on how to modify the Edelbrock for better off road performance. I did the same mods to my AFB (old version of the Edelbrock) It worked much better off road.

I run the Summit on my 79 F150 and got a steal on a 4100 for $50, now on my Bronco. The similarities between the two are obvious and some of the parts are interchangeable.