• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sun Visors with Dual Electric Wiper motors?

OP
OP
amfw

amfw

I just got some stock style black ones off a user here and Im ordering 66-67 style rods to mount them. But I haven't stopped thinking about other options..... I still would like something that swings around to the side instead of just the up/down of the stock ones. I have been considering making a wood trim piece to cover up the top of the windshield frame and wiper wiring anyway. I am thinking maybe a jeep tj style visor and rod may be able to mount on that and with a little spacer could clear the wiper motors and give the ability to swing around. I dunno, just spitballin. Gonna see how this stock setup looks like it will work and kinda let this simmer for a bit.

Raltn

Loc.
Santa Monica
When I got my Bronco, it had an aftermarket single motor electric wiper setup. There were no sun visors installed. Since then, I have moved over to the dual electric wiper motor setup. I would like to add sun visors, and I am curious what people have for non-stock sun visors, or what people with the dual motor setup have for visors. Replies/Pics/Links appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Curious what the aftermarket single motor setup was?

hossbronco

Contributor
Has anyone ever tried doing a dual visor, with the Rosen first and a solid visor underneath? It seems like you could get the best of both worlds that way, if you can find a way to make it look decent.

hossbronco

Contributor
Yeah, kind of like that. I’m not sure there’s a way to make it look good though. It’s probably overkill.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I got in on that mass buy long ago.... I thought $160 was REALLY expensive. Should have bought a case of them!

OP
OP
amfw

amfw

Interesting. I've never seen one like that. Does the label say who makes it? It looks more like an enclosure for the original setup.
I don't have them anymore so couldn't say. They ended up in the trash after being offered for free to my local Bronco group. It looks as though Eoth seems to know a little more about them than I do.
It does seem to be as you say, basically an enclosure for the original setup. It also doesn't appear to be much different than the Newport setup which everyone seems wild about. Im not sure what I'm missing there but I am much happier with the dual wiper setup. Feels a lot roomier around my face.
Just to poke back at the orignal subject matter, I ended up buying some black visors with the intention of modding or swapping the rods to fit, but have since decided to skip the visors altogether. The windshield frame is so low to begin with that they take up too much of my field of vision.