• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super Celebration 2013

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I have to say....I didn't expect to have as much fun as I did this weekend. Good times....great memories....with some great new friends. Thanks Randy, Todd, Pete Steve, and my hubby for making the last night there a memorable one. Can't wait to do it again next year!

Good times!! Already looking forward to next year!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good times!! Already looking forward to next year!

Who was that guy who opened your hood when you weren't even there.... I think he was showing it off :eek: to someone else!

Truck looked great Todd - just wish I had gotten to ride in it to feel that new motor!

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
13.5 hours on the road, just walked in. Pictures to follow tomorrow if I wake up!

Good to catch up with you Sean.

Who was that guy who opened your hood when you weren't even there.... I think he was showing it off :eek: to someone else!

Truck looked great Todd - just wish I had gotten to ride in it to feel that new motor!

You would think I would have left the hood open...

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Another great Super Celebration! Even the rain on Friday did not spoil it - and Saturday was fantastic. We took home a trophy in the stock category very much to my surprise. The quality level and variety of the Broncos keeps getting better each year. Luann Peroni's 67 half cab restoration is simply incredible for its detail. Nothing overlooked.

My wife was lucky enough to get one of the rides in Pony Express driven by James Duff himself! She really enjoyed it!

Looking forward to next year - our 1100 mile trip from our new location in Texas was well worth it. And Ben, we really did not mind the Texas jokes! ;)

Actually we're still in Townsend. We decided to stay an extra day along with Pearlcoat and her husband Roger to see some of the sights in the area. Had a great time today and probably put another 100 miles on the Broncos.

Last edited:

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Wow, what a great weekend. I'm still in shock from all the great times and wonderful friends. I've got some good photos just need time to down load them. The quality level of the trucks keeps getting better every year. I'm amazed at the detail and effort that go into each one.

Thanks to BD mag for another great Super Cel and to all my great friends I can't think of a better way to spend a birthday weekend.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I had a great time, seeing old friends and making new ones!!!! Took the "Crazy
Horse" and won the "U13 Roadster Trophy"!!!;D;D;D Ain't life grand!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Hope everyone got home safely!!!
See ya'll!!!!;D;D

Yes it is Ben .......... ;)
fantastic weekend ...
Made it home last night shortly after 11pm
total miles in 4 days driven... 2202 !
It was nice to see a bunch of very nice FSB and Bronco 2s !!

Didn't win anything w. my FS horse or w. my raffle tickets ....but Olly did !! ;D
thanks Tom !!!

later in the week going to upload my pix to Randys "Super Celebration pic thread.....2013"
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223197

Attachments

• DSCN6128.jpg
    DSCN6128.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN6121.jpg
    DSCN6121.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN6126.jpg
    DSCN6126.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN5929.jpg
    DSCN5929.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN3299.jpg
    DSCN3299.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN3104.jpg
    DSCN3104.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN3106.jpg
    DSCN3106.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 74
  • x4544.jpg
    x4544.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 150474_10151550624747389_972096884_n.jpg
    150474_10151550624747389_972096884_n.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 403180_10151555821762389_265826113_n.jpg
    403180_10151555821762389_265826113_n.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 551329_10151550765152389_1031047696_n.jpg
    551329_10151550765152389_1031047696_n.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 54
  • scb2014.JPG
    scb2014.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
I had a great time, seeing old friends and making new ones!!!! Took the "Crazy
Horse" and won the "U13 Roadster Trophy"!!!;D;D;D Ain't life grand!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Hope everyone got home safely!!!
See ya'll!!!!;D;D

Dittos Ben!
Got home late last night. Only 11.5 hrs en route. I know a bunch of you came from much further way. Your dedication and stamina is dually noted and appreciated.

TOM! DONNA! We had a great time. You guys did a great job as usual. Thanks for all your efforts. As Arnold would say; "We'll be back".

To all the rest of you, more people than I can name here, Thanks for stopping by to say hey, meeting new friends, renewing old ones. THIS IS THE SHOW NO ONE SHOULD MISS rain or shine.

Rgds to all,
Mike and Melanie @ BroncoDesign

Ben-
Don't get attached to that U13 trophy. Mel's might be done in time for next year... ;D;D;D

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Thanks to Tom, Donna, John, and the rest of the Bronco Driver crew and their families for another great event. We had a great time as usual.

I got to see a lot of very nice Broncos, although, most as they drove by since I was anchored to the OBR tent and the Broncitis traveling roadshow exhibit of used parts hoarding therapy / swapmeet most of the weekend.

As always, it was great to see old friends and make some new ones as well!

My mom was very happy with the reception her newly restored U14 received. She has been very patient in waiting for last weekend to come! (we had originally hoped to have it done over a year or two ago).

My dad and his friend Bob (he does our final body work and paint and helped with the final assembly) and I decided to wait until Sunday to load up so we could spend some more time with friends Saturday night.

My mom and Bob's wife Mary headed home early Sunday AM and we started loading about 7:30, finishing and rolling out at 2:00 PM. The only person left was Suzy's RV and trailer which they had already made a few runs back and forth the the Duff's world headquarters just down the road in Knoxville.

After a stop for lunch and another stop to drop off a golf cart body on the way home, we ended up getting home in PA a little after 2:00 AM.

Still tired, but looking forward to next year!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
wow! what a blast this was! great job on the event and meeting friends new and old is what it is all about. had a ride in Todd's 347 fire breather that was enough to send me home happy but had a hell ride in the pony as well.....i sounded like the Geico pig 'whe wee wee weeeeeeee!" I cannot stress enough that you need to get to an event to meet the people you talk to on here.....although Stutsmo and broncowifey might think otherwise %) To all thank you! My posse from the weekend, means everything you guys going!

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I will mention that I had the honor of riding in the Pony Express with James as well. That thing MOVES! It was a blast, as was the rest of the weekend. Hopefully I will be back next time with a finished '73.

BrOnCoWiFeY

wow! what a blast this was! great job on the event and meeting friends new and old is what it is all about. had a ride in Todd's 347 fire breather that was enough to send me home happy but had a hell ride in the pony as well.....i sounded like the Geico pig 'whe wee wee weeeeeeee!" I cannot stress enough that you need to get to an event to meet the people you talk to on here.....although Stutsmo and broncowifey might think otherwise %) To all thank you! My posse from the weekend, means everything you guys going!

I can say that Saturday evenings campfire was a highlight of the weekend! It was great meeting the great squatch! Had a blast with all of you! Looking forward to next year. Oh yeah....forgot to ask....what did you buy at your Sunday morning stop at the outlet malls?

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Does anybody know the dates for next years show?

attachment.php

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
I basicly didn't get to meet anyone or had no idea who they were. Had my Classic Bronco name tag on but never saw anyone else wearing one. Oh well. maybe next time.

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
I basicly didn't get to meet anyone or had no idea who they were. Had my Classic Bronco name tag on but never saw anyone else wearing one. Oh well. maybe next time.

I am surprised you didn't meet Randy at least. He's like Mayor McCheese, everybody knows him!