• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super easy 4r70w cable mod to use on factory Bronco auto column

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
About 30 minutes, the Explorer column shift cable stud, an Explorer 4R70w shift cable, and a piece of 1" angle was it. I put the cable on the factory 4r70w cable bracket on the trans side, then built a bracket out of angle and notched it to hold the cable that bolted to the master cylinder stud and made the cable point at a downward angle towards the factory c4 column shifter arm, then i welded the factory Explorer shift column arm that i sawed off with my recipricating saw at a junk yard to the bronco column shift arm but made the stud about 3\4" further out to give the column more throw. Shift better than factory, was free, and the shifter lines up perfect. Maybe not up to NicksTrix standard, but super easy. Thought i would share.

Attachments

• 0930141859c.jpg
    0930141859c.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 0930141900b.jpg
    0930141900b.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 139

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is for the pics, I am using an piece of steel to connect the c4 shift arm to the 4r shifter. Actually works good but hard to get into first and the letters don't line up. I'll try the extention
Thanks

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is for the pics, I am using an piece of steel to connect the c4 shift arm to the 4r shifter. Actually works good but hard to get into first and the letters don't line up. I'll try the extention
Thanks

The cable shift amazingly smooth. Way better than new by eliminating the rod.