• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Superlift Q's about quality

bob_lafrentz

Loc.
Cody, WY
Hi all,

I'm wanting to lift my bronco and was wondering about Superlift 3.5". Does anyone have any experience with this?

My original intent was to lift my bronco 3.5", but now I'm thinking maybe 5.5". So... I don't want to spend a ton of money on a lift that I might change out. I know a Brono specific supplier will be best.

What are your thoughts? Thanks.

rednck21

dont buy a lift from superlift or skyjacker for your eb....they are very stiff. my dad has the 3.5 superlift on his rig and it rides like crap :(

id go with one from BC's, WH or duffs :)

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
I had that lift put on my '76. It was ok. It was a very rough ride, proly the add-a-leafs in the back. I also had the radius arm drop brackets, adjustable track arm , and went back to old style steering. If I was going to do it again, I try a different kit. If your thinking 5.5", just go for that using an EB specific lift, spend the $$$ once, you'll be happier!

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Avoid the lifts by Superlift, Rancho, and Skyjacker (I.E. The bigger manufacturers). The coils for them are actually designed to put under a Big Bronco which is usually quite a bit heavier. Rather than design a specific spring to match the EB they just adjust the lift numbers to match. Generally the difference is about 1 1/2" which is why a 3 1/2" and 5 1/2" lifts are common on an EB when it would be uncommon on any other rig. At any rate because of this they are really stiff. All of the Early Bronco Vendors sell softer springs that are designed to better match the EB and will both ride a lot better and have better flex offroad. I personally run Cage springs and shocks all around which perform well on the road and excellent off road. I wouldn't necessarily suggest them for a 100% street rig though because they are a little soft in the corners.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
SaddleUp said:
Avoid the lifts by Superlift, Rancho, and Skyjacker

I personally run Cage springs and shocks all around which perform well on the road and excellent off road. I wouldn't necessarily suggest them for a 100% street rig though because they are a little soft in the corners.

I am also running Cage springs, in my case 3.5 lift.
While I am happy with the ride, they have to do some work on there rear leaf springs. I have had them installed for around six months, and the rear has settled down a good inch. The rear used to sit higher than the front, but now the front is sitting a little higher.

If I were to do it over again I would get my springs from BC Broncos, or Wild Horses. Cage hasn't proved to me they care about the EB comunity, or at least having me as a customer. I am about ready to remove all my Cage stuff.

Last edited:

Projp

Which is more important to you, street or trail?
Duff's seemed to be more street friendly, while the Cage fronts are great crawling.
Ive run 35"tires with a 2" body lift and 3.5 susp. lift with few problems.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I've run the Skyjacker soft ride system way better ride in the rear front ride slightly better than stock but not much my only problem is that I cracked 1 leaf so I had to get new rear springs went with BC rears slightly stiffer ride but still better than stock. Planning on going with different front springs one of these days.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Don't run anything you buy from 4wheel parts (which is where I'm guessing you looked for the kits). I personally run WH 5.5" front coils with extended arms and I'm very impressed by them. Don't run drop brackets. They are ghetto.

There are also tons of other parts you are going to need to lift it to 5.5" and those have been covered at infinitum, so I'm not going to get into that.

I actually have a set of custom 5.5 leafs on the classified section of the board if you are interested.