• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Support for Half Cab Roof

matt1morton

Loc.
College Station, TX
I'm beginning a full restoration of a '72 Half Cab. The roof was bolted down to a piece of metal to keep it from popping up and down. Now that I have all of this removed and am beginning to straighten out the dents I was wondering if anybody had been successful in supporting the half cab roof? Thanks for the help.

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
What is the location of the "piece of metal" you are refering too? Mine bolts to the top of the window frame, and to the bulkhead behind the seats. Other than those mounting (support) points, I'm not sure what other support your looking for. If you are referring to a piece that spans the halfcab front to back, or side to side, mine doesn't have one.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Mine didn't have any support for the roof either. It is bolted at the windshield and the bulkhead, that I have removed to make storage behind the seat. You shouldn't need any other support, unless the top has been caved in some how.

Paperboy

Mine doesn't have a support across it either. Once we got the body work completed we painted the top "inside" with a tintable liner material to add a little resistance against "oil canning" on the roof. Not sure how well that is going to work in the long run, but we will see.