• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

suspension racing seats

74LIFE

Loc.
rolling prairie,ind
I was at the jambo this weekend, checking out racing seats mastercraft had there rs model there. Just wondering what kind of suspension seats you guy 's used, they will be mounted to the cage seat bars. thank's

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I use Masercraft Sportsman seats with the adjustable lumbar...quite simply one of the best investements I've made with my EB. I can literally drive all day and aside from being wind buffeted, wet, half-deaf, etc, my butt and back are great. My old stockers were painful after about 2 hours.

The Sportsman is essentially the same as the Rubicon (I believe...or the PreRun) but with 10 degrees more rake so it doesn't feel like you're kissing the windshield. They're not cheap at about $350 each, but PRP makes similar products and they were going to be my second choice.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I have and like my PRP's (I've got the Premier High Back)very well, several of my buddies are running the Corbeau's and like them also. (the Baja series)

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Running Mastercrafts and love em... Super Comfy

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
74LIFE

74LIFE

Loc.
rolling prairie,ind
I found the mounting systems just had to go a little into the mastercraft website.i think that the sportsman is the one for me, don't really need the adjustment in the backrest. thank's

Dusty

Bronco Guru
We're partial to PRP and Beard since we sell them :) Mastercrafts are very nice seats though a bit pricey. I've never sat in a Hunsaker but they seem to be getting more popular too. In my opinion the Corbeaus seem a bit cheaply made by comparison to the others. I've always run PRPs in my own Broncos and have liked them a lot. For seat mounting in the EB, the mounts from Beard are the bomb.

Dusty

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
thank's for the reply's tjk74 what mount did you use for your seat's just in case the bar mount thing dosen't work out.

My seats and harnesses are mounted directly to the cage

Attachments

• Tabs5.jpg
    Tabs5.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Tabs3.jpg
    Tabs3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6057.jpg
    IMG_6057.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6059.jpg
    IMG_6059.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 45

jjwtwice

Loc.
IGH, MN
Anyone using Hunsaker seats. Looks like you can get a pretty good price on them. $340 a pair. Seems like all others are about that much per. Do you like them? Are they well constructed? Any comments is greatly appreciated.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
That's a good price if their quality is comparable to PRP or Beard. I'll be interested to hear some testimonials too.

Dusty

jjwtwice

Loc.
IGH, MN
I'm looking for a dealer locally that I can go and look at them at. I'm hoping next weekend to be able to do that. The price just seems to good to pass up. Anyone else with knowledge of these would be great to hear from you.

bushman

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
I have a pair of Hunsakers in my truck. They're a little wider so a guy like me fits real nice. (42" waist, 56" chest) Super comfy full suspension style, I would recommend them.