• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Suspension review

turbotim2

I just thought I'd throw this out there as I (like many of you) have spent countless hours researching this site during my build. One of the best results of all of the research for me has been my suspension. I can't believe how smooth it is. I have maybe 250-300 miles on it now and have taken it to work a few times that takes me over a set of RR tracks. My daily driver is a plushy ride but the Bronco is even smoother hitting those tracks! I barely feel them at all. The roads around here are generally in bad condition so having a smooth riding suspension is great.
What I choose for my suspension is 3.5" Deaver springs front and back from JBG, single Bilstein 5100's and I went with a Kiser riser bracket for the trac bar. I think it rides better than it did on the stock suspension.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
That's great, sounds like you have the perfect combo for the rig, any pics? ;)

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
trailer it down....want to see that thing!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I just thought I'd throw this out there as I (like many of you) have spent countless hours researching this site during my build. One of the best results of all of the research for me has been my suspension. I can't believe how smooth it is. I have maybe 250-300 miles on it now and have taken it to work a few times that takes me over a set of RR tracks. My daily driver is a plushy ride but the Bronco is even smoother hitting those tracks! I barely feel them at all. The roads around here are generally in bad condition so having a smooth riding suspension is great.
What I choose for my suspension is 3.5" Deaver springs front and back from JBG, single Bilstein 5100's and I went with a Kiser riser bracket for the trac bar. I think it rides better than it did on the stock suspension.

Good info, bout due for a shock change myself.. No bushings in lower mounts on the rear uggh LOL

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
single Bilstein 5100's and I went with a Kiser riser bracket for the trac bar. I think it rides better than it did on the stock suspension.

And now I'm ready, looking at BF sales.

Where did you pick up your 5100s?

Dyehard

Last edited:

Dyehard

The standard 3.5" kit says that it has the Deaver coils, but what confused me was looking at Turbotim2's build thread, it looks like he has a 9 or 11 leaf pack on the back instead of the 6 leaf pack that comes with the standard 3.5" kit from JBG.

Dyehard

So to be clear, you have the 3.5" Deaver coils on front and the long travel 11 pack 3.5" leafs on the rear? Did you add a drop pitman arm?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I actually got them on Amazon. I know, not the first place one usually looks for car parts but I got a really good price on them.

Yeah, wouldn't have thought about that one lol

No issues w/fitment? which ones?

I see the kit on WH that's bronco specific.

Quick check and prices seem comparable with summit / 4 wheel parts