• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

T Case in neutral !!! Got Me!!!

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Had a 4WD since 1977, had one or more EBs since 2004!!! I have read about it happening to others... but never experienced it!!!

Got home from the Depot Days Show, stopped at the house and unloaded, a few hours later I went to put Stretch in the shop and no gears, forward or reverse, coasted it down
to the shop and closed the door!!! Disgusted, figured the B&M cable shifter had broken. Didn't mess with it til yesterday, crawled under it, all looked good, took cover off shifter
all looked good, Crawled under it again and it hit me, looked up and both twin sticks were in neutral!!! DUH!!!
I felt pretty dumb... but was quite happy that's all it was!!!
Ain't Life Grand!!! :) :) :)

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glad that's all it was!

It made me think of the time years ago I went out and started the wifes Volvo and went back in to wait on her.:rolleyes:
Then we drove to Lexington and ate at a nice sit down restaurant. Try to leave and dash says "no key detected"! I'd left it on the counter...back before they honked at you if you walk away w/o key.

Had to call in-laws to go by our house and bring the key fob over. As you say Ain't Life Grand!!! :) :)
o_O

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Years ago when I was 16, I was dropping my cousin off in a K-mart parking lot. I backup for what ever reason and tagged a light pole. I got to inspect the damage it was fine. Got in to take off nothing, no forward or reverse. I walked in to K-mart to call my dad, didn't have any change for the pay phone. He and my uncle towed it home. When they got it home they figured out when I hit I bumped the t-shifter into N.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Years ago when I was 16, I was dropping my cousin off in a K-mart parking lot. I backup for what ever reason and tagged a light pole. I got to inspect the damage it was fine. Got in to take off nothing, no forward or reverse. I walked in to K-mart to call my dad, didn't have any change for the pay phone. He and my uncle towed it home. When they got it home they figured out when I hit I bumped the t-shifter into N.
Also happens with buddies that will tap the kill switch to the fuel pump in the EFI circuit just because they thinks it funny. It's only funny once