• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tachometer sticks at last reading...

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
When I turn my engine off, the tach sticks at the last reading. It did not do this before, not sure what I hooked up wrong.<br><br>Power... on the back of the iginition switch<br>Ground... grounded to the dash, paint removed, seems ok<br>Dash lights... tapped into the dash lights wire, ok<br>Tach sender... wire from - side of coil, ok<br><br>Any help is appreciated, thanks<br>

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
mine does that too, if I turn the ignition back on and don't start it, the needle drops to 0. My friends camaro did that too, and he had alls tock gauges. I have an autometer setup...

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
My Tach in my 1956 f100 does that too and it is hooked to my MSD box. But it is just an AutoGuage tach, maybe a good AutoMeter tach wont do this.

OP
OP
c2computer

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I have an Autometer. Yes, if I cut the power it still sticks on the reading. If I turn the key to on, it goes to zero. Ok, I don;t feel so lame now. As long as it doesn't do anythign or draw power when the engine is off I am cool with it.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Mine does the same thing. It's an Autometer with an "air core" movement. When I first noticed it I read through the instructions again. I found a note mentioning that it's normal.