• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tachometer with 5.0

ShoeSlinger

Where is the best place to draw the signal for the tach with a 5.0 (2000) since it has dual coil packs? EFI Guy made the harness if that helps. Thanks!

BanditBronco

It's a computer-generated tach signal since there is no distributor. Check the wiring diagrams for the year of your explorer harness or watch Garry's part 3 YouTube video where he goes over every wire coming out of the C115 connector. I would assume Garry pulls this wire out, leaves it unterminated and labels it but I could be wrong. There is a wire just for "tach signal"

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Are you sure that Garry didn't provide a Tach signal wire? It seems like I have never had to ask for that?

I went back and looked at my 96 wiring diagram (thats all I have) ECU pin #48, a tan/yellow wire is the tach signal. Not saying it is the same as your 2000 harness, but maybe a starting point.

Last edited:

Jedeka

Contributor
I looked at my diagram that I made from the videos that Gary made. My paper shows the brown/yellow wire at the #2 location in the cleaned up C115 connector. I’m not in front of my harness to see if it’s brown/yellow or tan/yellow, like 904Bronco mentioned.

OP
OP
S

ShoeSlinger

I found it. EFI Guy had it terminated near the center of the firewall right as the harness enters.