• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tailgate guts

triracer67

Contributor
I purchased a new tailgate and getting ready to swap with old. What does it take to swap the tailgate handle and locks? Picture or video sure would help…

fluffybunny

Contributor
If my memory is correct - handle: four screws on outside, two bolts on back side. That allows you to kind of remove handle. You have little keepers holding the rods on. Side latches - two bolts each and they slide out. You should be able to leave the rods connected. There are youtube videos showing installation of the parts including putting new parts on the handle.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
YouTube is your best friend for this. I would; however, look at more than one video as some folks may have a “trick” that others don’t show. I always need 3 hands, a dog and a kid with little hands to do tailgate work. Lol

Randy